Thursday, November 17, 2022

 Jack’s Winning Words  11/16/22

“Civilization is always in danger when those who have never learned to obey are given the right to command.”  (Fulton J Sheen)  In the mid-50s a TV show called “Life Is Worth Living” hosted by Cardinal Fulton J Sheen, was one of my favorites.  The flowing red cape, large cross, those piercing eyes…it was “must see TV”.  He was ahead of his time.  Witness today’s quote which seems “fresh as a daisy!”  Don’t take this as political, but one reason I could vote for Liz Cheney is because I believe that she is ethical, meaning that I believe she knows right from wrong.  I’d rather have ethical leaders than political ones.  Jimmy Carter is another example.  You or I might never be commanders, but we can be ethical when the opportunity arises.  ;-) Jack

from daz in co:  I always like FJS and his commentary.

FROM DAIRYLAND DONNA:  👍😊

FROM DR JUDY:  Hey Jack. Integrity is the key isn’t it??!! I got the same impression that she would pick integrity over party. Tat’s why I’d vote for her if I wasn’t thrilled for the competition. And maybe it’s my way of thanking her for standing up for what’s right.===JACK:  I'd choose integrity over politics every time.  Now, if I were to choose between two honest people, that be a horse of a different color.===JUDY:  I completely agree. Integrity over politics. However, The ability to select between 2 honest politicians sounds like it would be a delightful opportunity! 🤪😂===JACK:  In the large scheme of things, does my ONE vote mean anything?  It gives me satisfaction to talk about integrity when it comes to politics or to any other situation where it is called for.===JL:  I, too, value integrity! Also, authenticity and truth. I guess they really are all kind of the same thing.

FROM SR RD:  I totally agree with you, Jack!  As a child, we listened to Fulton Sheen and today, I support Liz Cheney. . .and would have voted for her for President, had she been given a chance to run!===JACK:  ...but she was not running for President.  She was serving on a bi-partisan committee and was simply doing her job with integrity.  We need more politicians like that.  I feel somewhat the same about the Secy of transportation (I can't spell his name, but he seems to be doing his job with integrity.

 



No comments: