Thursday, November 03, 2022

  Jack’s Winning Words  11/3/22

“True democracy makes no enquiry about the color of the skin or the place of nativity.”  (Salmon Chase)  How did a quote mentioning nativity creep into Winning Words at this time?  Christmas seems to be “advertised” earlier and earlier these days.  Joseph, Mary and their baby would have a hard time immigrating into America these days, with politics often creating barriers. There were no barriers in Bethlehem at that time, and if today’s churches do it right they have no barriers either.  Salmon Chase was well respected as Chief Justice of the Supreme Court right after the Civil War.  He saw that “skin color” should not be a negative when it comes to democracy or to religion.  Welcome, Holy Family!     ;-)  Jack 

FROM CPA MIK::  ""I may not agree with what you say but will defend to my death your right to say it." Should be in the hallways of educational institutions. Nobody has the right to silence anyone else.   I did not agree with the results of the 2020 election and will defend to the death my right to question it.====JACK:  If we don't have elections, what do we have?  Dictatorship..  If we claim that elections are invalid?  What replaces them? ===M:  All that I can ask for is an honest election. If I witness or sense malfeasance I should not be labeled as an "Election Denier"===JACK:  I rely on my local election officials to run a fair election I trust them; so I trust the election.  I don't have enough in formation to make a judgment beyond my local situation.

FROM DAZ IN COLORADO:  .Chase was also Lincoln's Sec of Treasury and Is given credit for financing the Union during the Civil War . He also started the first income tax during the war. ===JACK:  We know too little about some influential "shadow" people.  ....and it's said by some that we spend to much time teaching history.  Bunk!  Do you know who said, "bunk?".===DAZ:  The Navy Chief in boot camp when he was referring to my bed.===JACK:  Was Harry Truman your chief?

FROM FACEBOOK LIZ:    *hardly anyone===JACK:  It appears as though America is becoming more brown in color, or is it just my failing eyesight? ===LIZ:  16% hispanic  15% white===JACK:  I thought that you didn't believe in statistics as being reliable.

 

No comments: