Wednesday, November 02, 2022

 Jack’s Winning Words 11/1/22  

“Most people are good.  They may not be saints, but they are good.”  (Jimmy Wates)  On this All Saints Day, how do you feel about this?  Are most people good?  I suppose it depends on our definition of good.  The Grade School I attended had a report card where E meant Excellent.  VG stood for Very Good, while G represented Good.  Among other things, I learned that P on the card stood for Poor.  Along with that I learned a new word - Deportment. On this All Saints Day, let’s take the time to look for the good in people. Is there anyone in your life you didn’t care for at first…but eventually found the good in them? ;-)  Jack

FROM ME IN NEWPORT BEACH:  My cousin Fred Rudy and tennis player Andre Agassi.===JACK:  I want to hear the rest of the story.

FROM GOOD DEBT JON:  Likeability, increases with most everyone I meet, once you know their story. Sometimes you meet someone so vivacious and beautiful that you assign a halo status. You have to hope these work out or the cognitive dissonance of giving up that image is difficult.  Of course some people diminish in esteem with age or as soon as they speak.===JACK:  Jesus said to "be wise as serpents and harmless as doves."  In my work I've met many people for the first time and, because of that, I've had to make judgments.  Oftentimes. these were good meetings, because we looked for the good in each other.===JON:   Two looking for good rarely fail.===JACK:  And the reverse is true, also.  I'd rather look for the good in people....such as you. 

 

 

No comments: