Thursday, November 10, 2022

 Jack’s Winning Words  11/10/22

“Step into the story of what it means to be human.”  (Fetzer Institute Project)  My son’s neighbor Anant is a Hindu scholar and has been invited by the Fetzer Institute to come together with a worldwide group of theologians to consider what it means to be human.  The two of us have enjoyed sitting on the deck and “talking shop.”  I was surprised to learn about the Fetzer Institute.  All I knew of Fetzer is that he owned the Detroit Tigers at one time.  Most of us have more than one life.  Did you know that I was the one who named the Atlanta Hawks basketball team?  In our talks, Anant and I have discovered that in our concept of God we have more in common than we have differences.  What do you think it means to be human?  ;-)  Jack

FROM ST PAUL:  are you now flirting with Universalism,  Jack?:):)===JACK:  I used to be worried about being accused of things like that, but that's no longer on my radar screen.  It is what it is.  I think that if we were to sit down with a face to face, we might come to an understanding.  I have a hard time seeing a God who saves ONLY Christians and ignores the rest of the world.===SP:  i totally agree.  however,  if  you watch many of our so-called TV evangelists,  they LOVE to drive home this ONLY message.  must give them some sense of superiority.  rather sick actually... I used to be worried about being accused of things like that, but that's no longer on my radar screen.  It is what it is.  I think that if we were to sit down with a face to face, we might come to an understanding.  I have a hard time seeing a God who saves ONLY Christians and ignores the rest of the world.===JACK:  TV preachers are in the entertainment business (to bring in cash).  Standing in the pulpit, our task is fmuti-faceted......to educate, to comfort, to motivate, to entertain, to make religion more understandable, to bet like a friend, etc. (and don't too much about money), and don't talk too long.

FROM COPPER COUNTRY BOB:  WheneverI see a hawk circling over our trees, It will remind me of you.===JACK:  I actually name the team, the Blackhawks, but they were commonly known as the Hawks.  Indian Chief Blackhawk was well-known and respected around the Tri-Cities.

FROM LS IN WB:  Wow naming a team !  What a legacy. Love you shared. I only know you in a one dimensional way would love to have the whole story of your lived experiences===JACK:  Each of us has a hidden story.  That's what makes interesting to get better acquainted with each other.

FROM EMT SINGS IN TC:  I would be interested in how you named the Atlantic Hawks basketball team!  I didn't know you as well as I thought! Just goes to show you!===JACK:  Read the blog and get the whole story.

FROM THE SCIENTIST:===JACK:  The furnace is afraid of losing its job if people get serious about climate change.  

FROM CR:  What is the story of you naming the Atlanta Hawks?  Very cool. ===JACk:  What is the story of you naming the Atlanta Hawks?  Very cool.

 

 


No comments: