Wednesday, November 23, 2022

 Jack’s Winning Words 11/23/22

A TABLE PRAYER FOR THANKSGIVING:
God, thank you for bringing us together today. While it's sometimes hard to make time to be together, we pray you will help us to enjoy these next few hours together. We are reminded that today is about relationships, not just a meal, but the people you have brought together. Help us to enjoy the laughter, conversations, and memories we make on this day. Thank you for the day off that makes this possible. Thank you also for the hands that have prepared the meal, and we pray the energy we receive from it will empower us to do what is pleasing to you and speak your love, grace, and mercy to others. Amen.

FROM CHIEF F IN KH:   Great Thanksgiving prayer which could be applicable everyday, we should be giving thanks to Him like that everyday.  Happy Thanksgiving, hope your holiday is safe and blessed.===JACK:  It is too bad that we limit our celebration to one day.  There's nothing wrong with saying "Thank You" everyday.

FROM TL IN MI:  Thank you for that beautiful prayer.  That’s a saver!  I hope you feel all the blessings of being with your family.  Happy Holidays,===JACK:  I hope that it will be a prayer that you can use tomorrow.

FROM BLUE SUE:  Good Morning I love the message.  We will be saying this prayer at the table tomorrow!  Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!  GO BLUE! ===JACK: We have much for which to be thankful.  Your friendship is an important one!

FROM SMILIN' TERI:  I am going to share this…did you write it? ===JACK:  I researched many prayers before I found one I liked.  Share it with love.

FROM PROUD MARY:  I am so thankful for you.🏼️πŸ¦ƒ===JACK:  ABSENCE MAKES THE HEART GROW FONDER.

FROM LS IN WB:  I am grateful for your writing each day.  I look forward to reading and pondering your Winning Words as I begin my day.  My morning continues with a reading from another book that gives me a thought  and a prayer, setting intention and knowing I shall not want.  I stretch and eat a healthy breakfast before walking out the door of our home, my sanctuary to touch the lives of those brought to me.  Happy Thanksgiving my dear friend. ===JACK:  Sometime we don't remember enough the friends that we have and how they influence us.  You are one of them  Thank you for your friendship. 

FROM KLM:  Beautiful prayer. Happy Thanksgiving and many blessings for you ===JACK:  I've recently had conversation with Cousin  Mike.  He tells me of a fall that Cousin Joannie recently had.  I give thanks to God for friends, like the Petersons who I met while being the pastor of Bethany in Irma.

FROM JL IN WB:  That is a very lovely prayer. Thank you for sharing those words. Wishing you and Joan and your extended family a healthy and delicious Thanksgiving. May this holiday season treat you all well.===JACK:  Sometimes we take so much for granted.  We need a Day of Thanksgiving to shake us up to reality.

FROM FACEBOOK LIZ:  πŸπŸ¦ƒ️===JACK:  How do you celebrate Thanksgiving?  Just you and your daughter?  Or, do you invite others to your home....or go to the home of others?  Just wonderin'.===LIZ:  spatchcocking a duck, grilling... w/blueberry sauce. wild rice and mushroom casserole. gisela is bringing whatever else she likes. my friends w/o families have all died. her dad is invited, but he usually volunteers to carve at the huge free thanksgiving dinner that mr thanksgiving has held here for like 30 years. google it!  how about you? your daughter's house?===JACK:  tYPICAL TORKEY AND TRIMMINGS AT MY DAUGHTER'S HOME.

FROM MS IN MI:  Hi Jack. That was beautiful wishing you your family and friends a blessed Thanksgiving Holiday.===JACK:  Didn't you once tell me that you had considered studyomg to become a rabbi?  Any regrts?

 FROM SR RD:  .and I am so grateful for you!!  Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!😍 ===JACK: 


FROM BB IN CHGO:  Amen!  Truer words have never been spoken.  Thanks for sharing this interesting quote.  I wish I could re-do college and H.S. as now I’d have experience and be more willing to pay close attention.===JACK:  There are many things I'd do over if do-overs were part of the game.  Just remember that God still loves you NOW as He has loved you in the PAST.  Be thankful for that.

FROM JOE ANN:  And I think to myself What a Wonderful World. ===JACK:  That song could be used as a Thanksgiving prayer, too.

FROM BS IN EBGLAND:   Thinking of you and wishing you and Jo a happy and blessed Thanksgiving.  With love and prayers===JACK:  DO YOU HAVE ANY DAY CIMPARABLE TO tHANKSGIVING dAY IN ENGLAND?

FROM JU IN NC:  She has grandchild from las Vegas and son and grandkids from Charleston..  we are making smores in our fire pit tonight.  Temp. Will be in the 40$.  How about you guys.===JACK:  We'll be with one of my daughters and her family (4 grandchildren, a grand daughter, another daughter and two children in-laws. No s'mores, but plenty of turkey.

FROM SKF:  Very nice Prayer. We will use it today! Happy Thanksgiving to all of you in Detroit. ===JACK: Daughter Beth placed a sheet of paper under each place setting. Only one had the Prayer on it, and that person was the Prayer

FROM G 7:  Yes! Count your Blessings name them one by one! Count your Blessings see what God has done!  πŸŽΌπŸŽ΅πŸŽΆπŸŽ΅πŸŽΆπŸŽ΅===JACK:  I learned that song in Sunday School.  Where did you learn it?===G7:  In Sunday School.


 Leader.  It worked well. 

No comments: