Thursday, November 17, 2022

 Jack’s Winning Words  11/17/22

“Bees do it…Let’s do it.  Let’s play with toys.”  (Sami Galpayage –London Scientist)  Last week I read an article about how bees often stop on their way back to the hive to play with toys (things that amuse them).  We have more in common with nature than we think.  Let’s Do It was a 1928 hit song by Cole Porter that received some prudish complaints (“It’s too suggestive!”) I especially liked the lines “Even ed-u-cated fleas do it!” and “even bugs in your rug do it”.  So whether it is playing with toys, eating, sex, making choices…this world is more alike than we think it is.  What interests you most about this world of ours – and makes it worth saving?  ;-) Jack 

FR4OM ST PAUL:  we have also now recorded octopuses throwing things at each other.  they have 8 arms after all.  but how do you throw something underwater??? :):) ===JACK:  We've learned to shoot torpedos.  I'm anxious to learn what other things God's creatures can do...things that we're unaware of?

FROM SR RD:  I love your Winning Words, dear Jack, , , and I never knew that bees play!  Now what makes me want to save this world?  All the BEAUTY that is here both WITHOUT and WITHIN us. . . .===JACK:  God knows more than just about bees.  No wonder that He wants to save the world, the whole world.  I commented recently on the book, Your God Is Too Small.

FROM DAZ IN CO:  One reason to save the world is you and us and our friends are in it. But there’s more===JACK:  We want this beautiful world saved for the generation that follows ours.

FROM ER IN MN:  You bSheesh, Jack! This one is a little racy for you!! I am blushing 😊 ===JACK:  You blushing?  Now I've heard it all.  

FROM WILLMAR REV:   Ask me again in about twenty years from now, as I am sure I will have a more complete answer?! 0;-)  I’ve been told "Everything in the world is about to be wrapped up, so take nothing for granted. Stay wide-awake in prayer. Most of all, love each other as if your life depended on it. Love makes up for practically anything. Be quick to give a meal to the hungry, a bed to the homeless—cheerfully. Be generous with the different things God gave you, passing them around so all get in on it: if words, let it be God’s words; if help, let it be God’s hearty help. That way, God’s bright presence will be evident in everything through Jesus, and He’ll get all the credit as the One mighty in everything—encores to the end of time.” (1 Peter 4:9-11 The Message Bible)  ===JACK:  Every generation has been told to be ready...The end of the world is near.  Just becauise it never came soon fter the warning by Jesus, does not mean that it isn't relevant.  "It will come when we least expect it, so "ready or not, here I come."  Jesus must have liked the game, Hide and Go Seek."===REV:  Been awhile over here!! 0;-))===JACK:  I'm not prying.


FROM FACEBOOK LIZ:  that's pretty cool abt bees! i often wonder what birds and squirrels do when they're not at my feeder... apparently they play mahjong! ====JACK:  Where do you think baby squirrels come from?

FROM PL IN WB:  Great thoughts, Jack!  Maybe people need more fun in their lives and less judgement from others about other’s fun! Great thoughts!❤ ===JACK:  I like new thoughts, like bees playing with toys, or first finding the song, "Birds do it, bees do; even educated fleas do it.===PL: You are all about that, Jack!===JACK: I like to learn of the miraculous, like seeing that bees play with toys.  Tell me of more miracles such as that.  That's what makes life interesating..===PL:  > I like to learn of the miraculous, like seeing that bees play with toys.  Tell me of more miracles such as that.  That's what makes life interesating..===JACK:  Read the background of the song, Bees Do It.

> ️FRIM BLAZING OAKS:  So much beauty in it, and so many delightful relationships to enjoy, and always, always something new to learn!! I cherish every single day!!! :-)===JACK:  Right now I'm looking at the day in my mind and trying to enjoy the good things...and they are there.


FROM CPA MIKE:  Democrats tried to impeach Republicans now it looks like Republicans want revenge and will try to impeach Democrats. What's the point? Is this all political or do you see a baser instinct in today's humanity of "dog eat dog?"===JACK:  Right now I couldn't care less about politics.  Maybe in 2 years.  There are more important things in life.

FROM WILLMAR REV:  I just watched the documentary posted below and saw sexual intercourse displayed throughout the insect and animal kingdom . . . I was wondering early on if I was going to view the bodies of our male and females sexually cohabitating but ended with just the above. Interesting to watch. 0;-)===JACK:  I'll let you7 in on a secret...."Humans do it, too." 

 

 


No comments: