Thursday, August 27, 2020

Jack’s Winning Words 8/27/20
“The older I get the less I listen to what people say and the more I look at what they do.”  (Andrew Carnegie)  Yesterday I heard that a neighbor said of me, “Jack’s been around here since Jesus was an altar boy.”  Now, that’s old…old enough to comment that what people do is more important than what they say.  Long-ago-Detroit-poet, Edgar Guest wrote: “I’d rather see a sermon than hea
r one any day.”  Have you seen any sermons lately that you can tell me about?  ;-)  Jack

FROM ER IN SJ:  Three quotes in one WW! I think that might be a record. The last quote is my favorite.  Yesterday while working on my laptop I typed 'God' three times in error while trying to type 'good'. Do you think someone was trying to send me a message? It reminded me that I still need to do your sermon chair exercise.  😉  Have a 'God' day, Jack!===JACK:  You can put an empty chair next to as you work, and very time you type, "God," you can see that as a sign to the chair and "have a little talk with Jesus."

FROM COPPER COUNTRY PASTOR:  Good morning young fellow traveller!  Yep!   I saw several terrific sermons yesterday.  The professional athletes refused to walk unto the infield and  others walked off the court.   Alleluia!  Keep up the good news.===JACK:  Keep looking...or as we said in the old days, "Keep your eyes peeled."

FROM WILLMAR REV:  Good Morning, Jack...Think I will go out today and create one or two myself...You’ve inspired me to do so! 0;-)===JACK:  You are a walking sermon wherever you go.  Have you ever sung, "I Want Jesus To Walk With Me?"

FROM YOGA CA:  AMEN!  Don't mind hearing a good on tho. JACK:  The Local Blend might be a good place to hear one. 


No comments: