Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Jack’s Winning Words 8/12/20
“Leadership: The art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it.”  (Dwight Eisenhower)  I never voted for IKE, but I admired his leadership, especially in WW 2.  “Leaders” know that it’s often difficult to get “the troops” to do what they’d just as soon not do.  As a pastor, I won’t divulge “my secrets,” except to say that when people are made to feel that they’re part of a team and are working for a cause, they will do amazing things.  ;-)  Jack


FROM GUSTIE:  Ike was the first President I voted for.  Clem had that ability to get others to do things for him too.  My problem is that I don’t ask.  Uff Da!===JACK:  I'm afraid that many voters do not choose on the basis of studying issues.  Mostly, it's a matter of habit, or listening to ads, or following the advice of the "Clems" in their life.

FROM FACEBOOK LIZ:  (Sent) Picture of a unicorn and a heart===JACK:  Are you the unicorn with the heart?  I seem to have read something unicorns and politics these days, but can’t remember details===LIZ:  unicorns represent liberals... but i just like this iphone unicorn icon bc it’s cute, and i ♥️ your WW today===JACK:  Be careful with how you use that horn.  It looks dangerous.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  You voted against the man who got us out of Korea?  And built the interstate highway system?   You’re a dyed in the wool liberal.  Lol===JACK:  My first vote was for Truman...and I think that I've voted for a Democrat in every election since...not because of the party, but I thought a particular candidate was the best of the two.  

FROM COPPER COUNTRY PASTOR:  Warm greetings on a lovely August morning.  Yep!   When there is a clear purpose, a mission,  folks are most helpful.===JACK:  You seem always to be successful in making people feel that they're part of a team.

FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  I never voted for IKE either! It is always good to have a cause to work for! ===JACK:  Didn't you once have a job working for an elected official?  I suppose that affected how you felt about certain political issues.

FROM ST PAUL:  so you really liked Adlai Stevenson? ===JACK:  At the time he was my governor in Illinois...and he had a hole in the sole of his shoe...a "man of the people."===SP:  i think  Klem Kadiddlehopper also had a hole in his shoe  (Red Skelton)

FROM LS IN MI:  I enjoy learning from you.  I feel a joy when I help others. As you said in your words this morning another has to want what you are sharing for themselves for you to really help someone.  Simon Sinek talks of his secrets on this subject and I have learned to much to help myself and others.  I suggest to y ou that it is a gift to help others ( like me ) with a good message to bring the opportunity of finding joy in their lives those who are brought to me.  In my CMH work I find joy,  interacting with all I meet I find that.  I would love to learn my learning to be a leader that brings the opportunity for others to find their joy in their lives.===JACK:  My purpose with WWs is not so much to teach, but simply to share things that interest and influence me.


No comments: