Friday, August 07, 2020

Jack’s Winning Words 8/7/20
“The Peter Pans of the human race never grow up, and they keep their curiosity.”  (Isidor Isaac Rabi)  I’m a curious person.  For example, who said, “I’m curiouser and curiouser?”  And, “What’s the root of the word, curious?”  How are your questions satisfied? Google?  Bing?  Dog Pile?  Some of us continue to be Peter Pans.  Quoter Rabi is referring to physicists, writing that their work depends on “wondering.”  What things do you wonder about?  ;-)  Jack   


FROM WILLMAR REV:   This old song Del Shannon, 'Runaway' "just popped" back into my head when reading your comments this morning . . . makes me think of "wisdom to know better" than the responses I sometimes give to things I cannot control?! 
 I'm a-walkin' in the rain 
Tears are fallin' and I feel the pain 
Wishin' you were here by me 
To end this misery 
And I wonder 
I wah-wah-wah-wah-wonder 
Why 
Why, why, why, why, why she ran away 
And I wonder 
A-where she will stay-ay 
My little runaway 
Run, run, run, run, runaway ! 0;-) 
===JACK:  Who, who. who?  Who do you sound like when you sing?  Elvis?  George Beverly Shea?===REV:  More like “a crow” down here on earth, I suspect... but “a canary” I’m told by my Father in Heaven.===JACK:  Crow and canary voices...and yours and mine are beautiful to the God who invented them all.

FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  I use google if I want to know something!===JACK:  I call my son.

FROM NORM'S BLOG:  Certainly the responsibilities that you assume for yourself and others as you grow up become more serious and, at times, more weighty; however, they really don’t require that you completely give up that childlike curiosity and wonder at things or that you stop allowing yourself to have unbridled fun. Many suppress the child that is still within them so thoroughly that they become “grumpy old men (or women)”. Some become depressed because they will not ever allow that child out to play and their world become gloomy and threatening.  An interesting side effect of having a strong faith is that it empowers you to allow your inter child out – to keep a little Peter Pan in your life. It does that when you realized that God has forgiven you for all of your sins and loves you no matter what. That frees you also to love yourself and to rediscover that innocent joy that you had as a child. Faith says, lighten up, you are saved; appreciate and enjoy your days on earth and look forward to what is to come.===JACK:  I try to look at some things with the eyes of a child.  ...and they're awe-some.  Even with my own aging eyes I see awe-some things...mostly people and the awesome things they do.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  Wasn't that saying in Alice in 'wonderland, or was it Winnie the Pooh?!?  I wonder if there is life as we know it in other galaxies? Or what life will be like on Earth in another
50 years? Or what the place Jesus has prepared for us is like.  Things I'll never know in this mortal life!  But reading avidly Things I'll never know in this mortal life!  But reading avidly does satisfy a lot of curiosity and enhance of knowledge of a number of things!! With the technology at hand today,
we can usually satisfy our questions with answers! we're so blessed!===JACK:  Alice is right!  As far as for life in other places...good speculation, but I'm not holding my breath for a twin-Earth and a twin-Trump...or twin-me.  You've already had your curiosity met with your twin here on Earth.  Curiosity may have killed the cat, but it continues to entertain me.

FROM ER IN SJ:  I am guessing it's a Winnie the Pooh quote about being curiouser?===JACK:  Google tells me that it's Alice in Wonderland.  Dog Pile says the same thing.===ER:  Hum, that may just be right, but in my opinion you cheated. 😁===JACK:  I just Dog Pile to double-check what I think is ris right, is right.

No comments: