Thursday, July 01, 2021

 

Jack’s Winning Words 7/1/21

“Never give up.  Today is hard.  Tomorrow will be worse, but the day after tomorrow will be sunshine.”  (Jack Ma)  Jack Ma, once one of the richest men in the world, is now spending his time in relative poverty…painting, remembering what it was like to live in the sunshine of wealth.  It was hard for him when China began to undo Ma’s Alibaba financial giant.  I’ve read that taking up art has a way of softening the hardships of life…physical and mental.  What kind of art interests you?  ;-)  Jack


FROM WILLMAR REV:  Walm-art!" However, I have lost my office there, hopefully only temporary as Subway has closed and moved out! 0;-/===JACK:  You're about the hardest-working pastor that I know of.  How about Home Depot as a new hangout?  ...or Fleet Farm?===REV:  I am a card-carrying guest at the two DQ's in town that treats me to any sandwiches or ice cream delight . . . I have the privilege of treating a "hungry transient" as well . . . in turn, I take my laptop with me and hang out a couple of times a week working and greeting . . . the owner attends our church. 0;-)===JACK:  "Another" Paul story.  Do you ever hang out at any bars?  People at those places need to talk also.  DQ got its start in my hometown.  A son of the "beginner" was in my confirmation class and in my high school graduation class.  He's also on the Winning Words list.===REV:  A huge billboard sign of sorts placed right behind where I sit in the local DQ here has, along with many other facts about the DQ, a gentleman by the name of McCullough as the inventor of the soft serve frozen ice cream machine. I, of course ‘milk’ that to its extreme when telling folks that’s my last name. 0;-)) ===JACK:  BTW, have you ever milked a cow? 


FROM FACEBOOK LIZ:  communism is indeed a bit of a “hardship,” isn’t it? quite difficult to imagine that in the 13 short years since obama, many of our fellow citizens have grown to disparage the US, and embrace a regime that literally enslaves its citizens. but that’s how communism works… it seeps into uneducated minds, and takes root. better stand up and fight it soon. or maybe just grab a paintbrush, pastor?===JACK:  Sorry, but those aren't thoughts that I wake up with each day.  I look out the window and sing: "O what a beautiful morning.  O what a beautiful day."  I then try to deal with the things that I can control.  I know that other people hardships and there's lots of pain.  Again, I try to share my sunshine in whatever way I can.  Have a good day.===LIZ:  i do, as well… but i also speak up bc i care about everyone’s future.===JACK:  We each "care" in our own way.===LIZ:  if we all care in our various ways, all bases should be covered! 🌷===JACK:  The goal is to get one's message "out there."  Whether or not it is accepted or followed is up to each individual.  That's what preaching is all about, too.===LIZ:  that is what my job as ad copywriter was, too… you have to grab their attention first.===JACK:  It's the same with preaching a sermon.===LIZ:  you are good at that. just look at how often you reel me into a discussion! ===JACK:  We go back a long way.  I remember a card showing you working for a real estate firm in Moline.  Was it Mahar?

 

 


No comments: