Tuesday, July 27, 2021

 Jack’s Winning Words 7/27/21

“When life puts you in a tough situation, don’t cry, ’Why me?’ say, ‘Try me!’”  (Dwayne Johnson)  Johnson is an actor and former professional wrestler known as “The Rock”. His quote reminds me of “Tough Times Never last – Tough People Do”; a book written by Robert Schuller.  The premise is true: We’ll usually overcome difficult situations if we don’t give up.  I’ve gained strength from the hymn, “Be not dismayed, whate’er betide; God will take care of you.”.  The Rock’s words can be helpful when times are tough. And remember, God is the original “Rock” ;-)  Jack

FROM ME IN NEWPORT BEACH:  He certainly has done well for himself and, from what little I know, seems to be a pretty decent guy.===JACK:  Before TV, I saw a few pro wrestlers in person.  One was Gorgeous George.  That's one sport that I would not like to participate in.===ME:  Nor I.  However, my Father in law, a non sport guy, who came from a Jewish urban background, loved it.===JACK:  The voters in Minnesota even elected a pro wrestler (Jesse - the Body- Ventura) as their Governor.===ME:  Which I remember well, including his unique voice.

No comments: