Wednesday, July 14, 2021

 

Jack’s Winning Words 7/14/21

“The beginning of compunction is the beginning of a new life.”  (George Eliot)  It wasn’t until “English Lit Class” that I learned that “George” was the pen name for Mary Ann Evans, a woman ahead of her (Victorian) times.  Today I needed the dictionary to learn that compunction is the feeling of guilt after doing something bad, or that feeling that stops you from doing something wrong…a guilty conscience, in other words.  George saw awareness (our conscience) as the doorway to a fuller life, helping to deliver a fresh start. Are you enjoying the freedom of a new way of looking at life?  ;-)  Jack


FROM HONEST jOHN:  Grace makes it possible.....we don't have o live perfectly....we can do our best....which, of course, is never enough===JACK:  What a tough job we preachers would have if we couldn't talk about grace.  Thank you! Martin Luther.  (and God, too)


FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  i think there are way too many people today who have no feelings of compunction whatsoever... ===JACK:  At least, you have that feeling...sometimes, and so do I.


FROM HY YO SILVER:  Good morning, Jack. I woke up this morning without Winning.How is this possible?  Isn’t it “a win” to wake up at all?  Yes. But I prefer your Winning Words.===JACK:  Itg should be coming soon===HY:  Oops.  There it is!. 


FROM MUSICAL DOG-WALKER:  Thank you for your Winning Words every day.  T and I start our mornings out reading and chatting about them.  We've had lots of interesting conversations as a result. ===JACK:  Thanks for letting me know that WWs is doing its job.  I wish that I could be there to join in on the conversation.   

No comments: