Wednesday, July 28, 2021

 

Jack’s Winning Words 7/28/21

“You are in control of your life.  Don’t ever forget that.  You are what you are because of the conscious and subconscious choices you have made.”  (Barbara Hall)  I believe only part of this quote.  Unforeseen events (family-work-health-etc) have a way of disrupting “the best laid plans.”  We have some control as to how we react.  You can probably give examples from your life.  I’ve noticed that life seems to go better for those who make good decisions.  It’s my belief that God has a plan for us…ultimately…and it’s for the good.  BTW, how do you think “free-will” fits into this equation?  ;-)  Jack


FROM SHARIN' SHARON:  Glad and thankful for my home here, safe inside from any of the possible irate people out there who might wish to do me harm just for my way of thinking.  In my opinion, we are living in a very polarized and intolerant and lacking in heartfelt mercy world now and sometimes I am lacking understanding of the issues too—unfortunately.===JACK:  I've quoted this before, but in case you've never read it..."Though man a thinking being is defined, few use the prerogative of mind.  How few think justly of the thinking few!  How many never think, who think they do!"  (Jane Taylor===SS:  This is a very convoluted quote, Pastor Freed.  I can put myself everywhere in it, but is a humbling quote.  I wonder if such is why Luther, I’ve read, said “sin boldly” because any of us realizing our precarious creatureliness and tendencies to self-deception really have only boldness finally to take any action at all, taking the setbacks and hard knocks of life as best we can and trying to have a positive attitude to it all.===JACK:  There's a copy of Rodin's "Thinker" at the entrance to the Detroit Institute of Arts.  Do you know what he's thinkimg about?


FROM FACEBOOK LIZ:  god gave us free will.===JACK:  ...and you've made good use of it!  God loves you!===LIZ:  you, and god, made my day! 😇===JACK:  At least God wasn't teamed with Clint Eastwood


FROM MAD SCIENTIST:  I was watching a tv show the other day and one woman says superiorly “I made good choices” and the other responds “you had good choices” driving home that different scenarios can provide different options.   Of course at that point of the drama both had just made some pretty lousy choices but they were too caught up to see that.==JACK:  I guess my brain wasn't driving in that gear...The choices that we have before us aren't necessarily the same.  I guess we have to be walking in other moccasins before we criticize the choices other people make. 


FROM-JO-ANN IN ST-JO:  I wake up each morning excited to see what God has planned for me today. I know He wants me to love, serve, and forgive others so I always hope “my plans” are headed in the right direction. I also believe God has a plan for all of us and it is full of wonderful surprises! Yes, there are struggles but He stands ready to show us away out. Good Morning Jack and have a good day.===JACK:  George Beverly Shea used to sing this song: 

Early in the morning, while the world is still

Before the daylight streaks the sky, I would know His will.
I commune with Christ my Saviour and listen carefully
To gain the strength I need today while praying quietly
(Chorus)
Thank you Lord for hearing me
Thank you Lord for knowing who I am
Thank you Lord for seeing me
It's so easy to get lost these days
In the shuffle and the noise

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  My husband used to say, "you have your choice of a good or bad choice; once you choose the bad one, you usually have your choice of two bad ones....". I think he was pretty accurate!  Most of us tend to choose the better  option, if we are trying to live our faith. I realize some folks really don't have a good choice, but one might still be better than the other?! Life can be pretty tough for disadvantaged people!!===JACK:  Bill had the choice of a twin...or did Hal have first choice?

 


No comments: