Wednesday, September 01, 2021

 

Jack’s Winning Words 9/1/21

“O, the days dwindle down to a precious few…”  (Maxwell Anderson)  “September Song” is more than a song about a month; it’s a song about life itself.  Maybe I’m more focused on it bccause I was born in September  There seems to be plenty of time in May, but the days grow short when you reach September…the leaves turn…a few pleasant days left between now and Decenber!,,,no time for waiting, to waste time.  September Song’s a reminder for us to enjoy the precious days that life gives.  BTW, is there a song about your birth month?  J  Jack 


ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  my birth month is May.   is that related in any way to mayhem???   ===JACK:  September Song says that May is the time for chasing the girls.  I guess that fits.===SP: It's also a time for mowing the lawn  ===JACK:  I had a church member who removed all of his lawn and replaced it with rocks.  The one who bought the house from him replaced all of the rocks with grass.  Go, figure!


FROM WILLMAR REV:  “Some of us in the high school ‘marching band’ found ourselves marching to a different beat, to the chagrin of the director!” 0;-)) ===JACK:  My nephew loved to play in the band.  Once, during Christmas time, he and the other tuba played would interrupt practice to begin playing a tuba version of Jingle Bells.  Band can be fun===REV:  Back to a previous subject.... One never knows…I remember way back in Bible college being out in the early morning hours and stopping at Pancake House for a breakfast with two other students…an old gentleman probably a little heavy in the booze got all over us for being out that late…when it came time to pay we found he had picked up the tab…probably hit him up to do so when he saw us praying before the meal. 0;-)===JACK:  Might that have been Jesus...in disguise?


FROM DANDI SANDI:  Yes. Carpe diem. 😉===JACK:  I love Latin phrases like that.  I also like the Italian one: Ancora Imparo, said by Michelangelo when he was in his 80s.


FROM HONEST JOHN:  The Lusty Month of May….from Camelot===JACK:  Lusty?  Isn't that one of the seven deadly sins?


FROM HOMELESS:  one of my dear mom's favs...===JACK:  For her I might pick, "When It's June In January."


FROM R & R:  Well YOU certainly don’t seem to dwindle down! We continue to find solace in your selections for WW. Thank you for that.   September is a favorite month for Roz and me too! (Sept 12 ️) Without knowing the specific date of your September birthday, We send our hearty congratulations and best wishes for a memorable celebration this year, and for many years to come.===JACK:  Yours is an example that "Love can be nice the second time around,  No present or card necessary...but the whole country will be observing my birthday as a Nation Holiday. 


FROM DR J:  I like the under… and over… tones of your messages!===JACK:  I love thinking...writing...sending...responding.  We've gone back a long way.


FROM BB IN CHGO:  Prince:  Sometimes it Snows in April.  This was never a popular one when he was alive but I think his friends/colleagues point to it often as a favorite.  Apparently Christopher Tracy is the protagonist from Under the Cherry Moon, a Prince movie that was a critical failure with an odd story. \

I often dream of heaven and I know that Tracy's there  I know that he has found another friend  Maybe he's found the answer to all the April snow  Maybe one day I'll see my Tracy again  Sometimes it snows in April  Sometimes I feel so bad So bad  Sometimes I wish that life was never ending    But all good things, they say, never last      ===JACK:  Although I'm now spending time in Prince-land, I don't that song.  Prince-lovers seem to like anything of his.


FROM BLAZING OAKS:  I guess mine would be "April Showers" I'd love "April in Paris"! HA!  I'd miss the seasons if they were not changeable; Each has its own beauty; Just as the seasons of Life do!  But in our case, we  DO  realize the days are dwindling down to a precious few...!===JACK:  I like April Showers because they bring the flowers and provide for new growth,  Even Lent is a harbinger of Easter.


FROM JANJO:  Shame on my silliness for this September 1, 2021, but I'm giddy on this Wonderful Wednesday that is the most gorgeous, terrific day anyone who could have, ever!  Happy Birthday, Jack of Winning Words!!! And Happy Trails to all who have September birthdays!  Many of us love "September Song" by Maxwell Anderson and I have a daughter and a son who were born in September in six and five decades ago.  ===JACK:  I don't believe in horoscopes, but there's just something special about us Virgos.




No comments: