Tuesday, September 14, 2021

 

Jack’s Winning Words 9/14/21

“Lord, keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.”  (Unknown)  There were times in my growing-up years that I was a “Sassy Kid.”  Uncle John would say to me in Swedish, “Tyst med du!” which meant, “Be quiet!”  At times I wish that a voice from Heaven would echo those words.  Today’s quote is for that to happen…and for God to keep loving  us in spite of out failures…and our BIG mouth (as Jackie Gleason used to say).  There’s a right way and a wrong way to communicate.  “Keep your words soft and sweet.  You may have to eat them some day.”  ;-)  Jack


FROM FACEBOOK LIZ:  i was a quiet kid, unless i saw injustice... which, by the way, can be directed toward anyone, not just those who historically are seen as oppressed. men and white people come to mind.  "tyst med du, facebook liz!"===JACK:  i was a quiet kid, unless i saw injustice... which, by the way, can be directed toward anyone, not just those who historically are seen as oppressed. men and white people come to mind.  "tyst med du, facebook liz===LIZ:  i simply respond, respectfully is my intent, to your political posts.     rich people are not more sinful than others. many give money and time to important causes. they have become the scapegoat... why, if only the rich paid more taxes, it would all be ok.===JACK:  I think that the rich are quite capable of taking care of themselves.

 

FROM THE VIKING:  This this quote was written for me but oh do I love to talk!===JACK:  ...but, thank goodness, He has His arm around your shoulder.


FROM BLAZING OAKS:  We all need that reminder!! I think I've improved as I've aged!  I  used to interrupt Bill when he might be telling a story or experience,  (I thought improving it...) until he finally would just stop when I interjected something, and say after a pause, , "Go ahead, you tell it...."  (! ) and that broke me of that habit in a hurry!! :-(  I was much more talkative than he usually!  But when he said something, he had something to say, AND people listened. ===JACK:  I think that the minds of some people work faster than others...not better, but faster.  I, too, have the habit that was yours.


FROM HOMELESS:  I like the last quote best! I am going to use that one on Monday. Soft and sweet words are sentiments many people I know need to not only listen to but hear. 😉===JACK:  When I was growing up, each Sunday our pastor would include a "Sentence Sermon" in each Sunday's bulletin.  I'd cut them out and save them in a cigar box.  They became the genesis of Winning Words.  The quote you refer to is one of those Sentence Sermons from way back when.

No comments: