Wednesday, September 22, 2021

 

Jack’s Winning Words 9/22/21

“Here is the world.  Beautiful and terrible things will happen.  Don’t be afraid.”  (Frederick Buechner)  Yes, the world is truly beautiful from outer space, but from where most of us are, scary things are happening.  You name them!  They are many.  Negative environmental change seems to be the most dangerous to me, because “that change” can be irreversible.  That’s a terrible thought.  But I’m not afraid.  God has promised good coming out of bad for those who trust Him and seek to do His will.  What is it that comforts you most when you are frightened?  ;-)  Jack


FROM SR IN SJ:  I love your  strong faith and the peace that flows from it, Jack!  I want to imitate you in that, too!===JACK:  As St Paul wrote to the Galatians:  "It is not me, but Christ who lives in me./"


FROM BLAZING OAKS:  It  seems that the human race has always been creative in adapting to change, so although we think the future looks a bit bleak, our grandchildren, and beyond will find answers and survive.  I would think overpopulation on our tiny planet will be a concern, but trust God has a plan... ===JACK:  That thought expressed by you has ALWAYS sustained me...GOD HAS A PLAN!  There's a hymn that I remember: "Our times are in Thy hand...O Lord, we wish them there." 


FROM SHARIN' SHARON:  Inspirational WW. I think Frederick Buechner is a theologian but will have to google him.  Your statement about God comforts me too.  Also, somewhere in the scriptures, i think it might be from John where it says what is of God will prevail and what is only of human origin will fall down.  This especially comforts me when I get afraid of what evil seems able to accomplish, inside me and in other people.  God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  Trying not to be afraid but constantly need to center myself in belief in God and His Faithfulness and Love and Mercy.===JACK:  As a pastor, church members such as you (and your faith) sustain me.  We prop each other up during those tiomes when we feel weak.  Thank you for being who you are! 


FROM DR J:   “Be still and know that I am God.” Psalm 46:10 Brings me great comfort… I am a worrier… so this helps me greatly!===JACK: A good verse for female, male, LBGTQ.


FROM HOMELESS: My family, friends and my relationship with God are what currently bring me comfort. A. is my rock, but everyone brings something uniquely supportive to the table...even you.===JACK:  It's a good thing to know ... who can I call at 2:30 AM, and they will answer my call and willingly try to help?



No comments: