Wednesday, September 29, 2021

 Jack’s Winning Words 9/29/21

“What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of a difference you want to make.”  (Jane Goodall)   Believe it or not, I read recently that cows are being taught to use a toilet in order to cut down on ammonia gases released into the environment.  There was even a video.  I know of people who are fastidious composters.  I try to recycle plastic, but am sometimes confused by what those little numbers mean.  Jane Goodall says that you and I can make a difference.  Do you have any suggestions for the rest of us?  ;-)  Jack


FROM HONEST JOHN:  I participate wholeheartedly in the recycling effort….but hope I am doing it right.    At our age, I don’t think we are very well informed.===JACK:  I wonder if Jane has been able to tech the chimps how to use the toilet?  I remember meeting her once at Oakland University.  She's a great lady and a benefit to the world.


FROM NORM'S BLOG:  Very many of us tend not to notice or acknowledge other people that we pass during the day or even try overtly to avoid making eye contact or saying anything. Some may even try to avoid specific people, because they just don’t want to spend the time talking to them. Maybe you know someone who is always down or complaining and you just don’t feel like sharing time with them because you don’t want to let them bring you down, too. This is probably the type of person for whom the term "Gloomy Gus" was invented.  If you are like that, you have made a conscious decision not to make a positive difference in the lives of the other people. I know a lady, who is a life coach, who uses the motto, “Making a positive difference in other people’s lives”. Most of us probably don’t start each day with that motto in mind; however, if we start each day without a thought like that in mind we have defaulted to indifference and have created an indifferent world for ourselves. We do not make a difference and that is just sad.===JACK:  You, Norm, have truly made a difference in the world around you...and I applaud you for that.  Thanks be to God for who you are and what you do.




No comments: