Wednesday, September 15, 2021

 

Jack’s Winning Words 9/15/21

“It is dismal coming home, when there is nobody to welcome one!  (Ann Radcliffe)  Bobby Vinton’s hit song, Mr Lonely, was written  by Bobby in the 50s when he was a soldier, away from home.    No letters, no phone calls.  He was so lonely that there was actual sobbing on the recording.  Have you ever been lonely like that?   Maybe summer camp OR at college for the first time OR maybe after the death of a loved one OR going through a divorce?  I find comfort in the Word of God, “I will never leave you nor forsake you…I am with you…ALWAYS.”  ;-)  Jack


FRFOM HOMELESS:  Are there ever days when you wish for peace and quiet? ===JACK:  I'm thankful for every day.  I feel blessed beyond deserving.  I believe in the reality of God in my life.  If that relieves stress, so be it.  This song keeps going through my mind today:  "Thank you, Lord, for hearing me.  Thank you, Lord, for seeing who I am.  Thank you, Lord, for hearing me.  It's so easy to get lost these days in the shuffle and the noise."===H:   Only you can say if your belief in God in your life relieves stress. I would imagine that it does...Interesting that was the start of the WW. Neat way to bring things back around. I searched the quote, and I saw that Andy Rooney (one of the best!) quoted a version of what you wrote. His is the quote I will use, I think. ===JACK:  Only you can say if your belief in God in your life relieves stress. I would imagine that it does.


FROM BLAZING OAKS:  It was an adjustment to have my twin move far away after we were married, but I had Bill and my friends, & parents, and brother & wife, so not really lonelly,just missing having her close.  I guess I really haven't been lonely,  even living alone after my beloved huibby passed on....not to the point of sobbing  at least!  I usually have a lot going on, or a good book to read, etc!!  I know many elderly folk are lonely, which is sad!!===JACK:  I never intended  another marriage after Mary's death, but things happen and life has been anything but lonely.


No comments: