Tuesday, September 21, 2021

 

Jack’s Winning Words 9/20/21

“If speaking kindly to plants helps them to grow, imagine what speaking kindly to humans can do.”  (Unknown)  BBC News recently reported that a study is in progress to learn if plants can “really” talk.  So far, plants make clicking sounds when being talked to…and stop when someone new appears.  The clicking gets louder and more rapid when nice words are said to them.  If nice words get a positive response from plants, maybe nice words spoken to humans  would work, too.  Maybe we should give it a try today!  ;-)  Jack


FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  would it work on poison ivy??===JACK:  I've hear people say, "Don't touch me!" I suppose poison ivy might be saying the same...if we'd only pay attention.  


FROM SHALOM JAN:  Good idea!  It certainly won't hurt to try kindness ... everywhere!===JACK:  There are certain religions (notably, the Jains) who count all living things as sacred.  Not me.  I keep a fly swatter handy and also have weed killer applied to the lawn.  "Forgive me, for I have sinned."


FROM MY LAWYER:  It works on my fish in the pond.===JACK:  Have you thought that might be Barney Fife in disguise?   


FROM BLAZING OAKS:  Communication with plants and trees is rather a new thing in science, and fascinating!  Nice words spoken leave no regrets;  "Always be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting his/her own challenges we know nothing about!" is a saying my daughter has on  the bottom of her emails and letters! Good to remember!!===JACK:  Is it hard to believe that the Almighty God can communicate with all of His creation?  ....which means that the possibility of communication with plants is not so far fetched.


FROM BB IN CHGO:  I love this one and am forwarding to Angelique as she has her father’s green thumb.===JACK:  ...and probably some of her mother's mysticism, too.


FROM DR J:  For sure!===JACK:  You talk to animals, don't you?  Why not plants, as well?===DJ:    I do talk to my plants… I give them a gentle touch and tell them to “grow big and strong”   Why not!?!===JACK:  If it works, you're going to have some nice pumpkins for Halloween.


FROM SR IN SJ:  Oh, YES! YES! YES! I do agree wholeheartedly, my good friends! I love your WINNING WORDS! You've have won me, Jack! ===JACK:  Just as an experiment...talk to a growing plant today...see if there's a hint of response.  Perhaps silence is a response.  Sometimes God talks with us in silence, too.


FROM IKE AT THE MIC: This theory definitely works,because many of my  of my life long friends that I've talked talked nice to over the years are now overweight..mmm.. ===JACK:  MMM..I'm at the same weight I was when I first met you, years ago.  What does that say?





No comments: