Tuesday, September 28, 2021

 

Jack’s Winning Words 9/28/21

“One sometimes finds what one is not looking for.”  (Alexander Fleming) On this date in 1928, scientist Fleming woke up to see a strange mold on an uncovered petri dish.  He came to name the mold, penicillin.  Was it a miracle, or a coincidence?  A friend of mine calls events like that: Godincidences, times when God enters life to cause “accidental miracles.”  As you look back over your life, have you seen God at work in some quiet way?  I certainly have.  Is it any wonder that some medical people call penicillin, “the miracle drug?”  ;-)  Jack 


FROM DAZ IN CO:  Definitely can see God's hand in the many miracles in my life. Wonderful solutions  to problems I couldn't  solve ====JACK:  At the time, do you recall "seeing" God's hand in the success of the lunar landing...or, were you all just consumed by a sigh of relief?


FROM BLAZING OAKS:  tt really is a miracle drug~ Before penicillin, I had Diptheria, which was a life and death disease without that drug. I can still hazily remember   the Dr.  telling  my parents (I had been delireous for several days), "She has turned the corner, she's going to recover, but it will be slow" and my mother sobbing, and saying "We'll do whatever it takes to get her well!!"  (Which meant my father carrying me up and down the stairs for several months, to go to bed, as my heart was weakened, for one thing!)  Now they have shots  for diptheria and if it is contracted the miracle drug takes care of it! WOW!! ===JACK:  Some people today don't realize how fortunate they are to have vaccines.  Now, some are advocating doing away with all shots...even the ones to prevent polio, measles, smallpox.  Crazy...crazy...crazy.


FROM SR IN SJ:  Something to think about!  "Miraculous incidences",  "God-incidences"    or "accidental happenings", "surprises". . .All thought-provoking, hmn?===JACK:  God is alive!  Why should we be surprised if He sometimes makes His presence known in some unusual way?===SJ:  Is it a God incidence, a natural incidence, a surprise that, at this moment, I feel a need take a walk, to tell a hard truth???===JACK:  As humans, God has given us free-will.  If we were to see "everything" as God in action, free-will might be the less...or, so I think!

 

No comments: