Friday, February 26, 2021

 

Jack’s Winning Words 2/26/21

“After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”  (Aldous Huxley)  I know the thought that Huxley is expressing, but the passing thought that comes to my mind is how Charlie Chaplin was able to use music in his silent movies…a talent for putting silence and music together.  Back to Aldous…  I’ve known him as a philosopher, but I didn’t know of his 7 Nobel nominations for literature.  He must have listened to lots of music.  What kinds of music do you like?  ;-)  Jack 


FROM BS ION ENGLAND:  I love all kinds of music from pop beginning with the Beatles up to the latest.  Classical particularly  Bach and Mozart.  Not Opera! But as I grow older,  choral music would be my desert island choice to take.  Music is playing all the time in this house.======JACK:  I love the sound of music playing in the background, especially,  soft jazz...or the Beat5les....or Mozart.


FROM INDY GENIE:  I like this quote. Music has always touched me emotionally. I like all kinds of music, especially music I can dance to. I had a good time playing those hymns on the organ at Shepherd of the Lakes!===JACK:  I never learned to dance, but on two occasions I tried...and looked like Snoopy when he dances.

No comments: