Thursday, February 25, 2021

 

Jack’s Winning Words 2/25/21

“I have no special talents.  I am only passionately curious.”  (Albert Einstein)  I’m curious.  Do you think that young Albert ever read a Curious George book?  I’ve read that Al’s growing up years were difficult, and that he overcame the complication.  Difficulties in life have a way of coming to each of us, and we have to handle them in our own way.  Curiosity seems to have helped Einstein…a willingness to wonder why and research it.  Try being extra curious today and see if it ends up making your day better.


FROM JU IN NC:  Your winning words have a way of stimulating my curiosity.  My pondering brought me to think of 2nd Timothy 3:7.  Ever learning but never coming to a knowledge of the truth.  Man has placed a robot on Mars, taken photographs of distant solar systems and walked on the bottom of the ocean.  Yet we still know only a fraction of the small organ between our ears. It is true that the discoveries we understand has come from that small organ but how much more we could understand if we connected the brain to our heart.  The knowledge gained is lost to those who have been used to explore these amazing discoveries if they failed to include the creator who knows all things.  A christian has the privilege of having the mind of Christ.  Wow! What wonders await our curiosity.===JACK:  "Who has known the mind of God?"  That verse in the Bible assures me that we will always face situations which have incomplete answers...so, we need to keep on searching....being curious.


FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  i sometimes wonder a lot about you, Jack:):):) ===JACK:  I sometimes wonder about myself.  I'm a complex person.  (Aren't we all?)===SP:  as the Good Book says,  "we are fearfully and wonderfully made".     (sometimes more fearful than wonderful!) 😀===JACK:  It depends on which mirror we look into.  I'd say to avoid the one at the carnival funhouse.  Those don't show the real you. ===SP: as the Good Book says,  "we are fearfully and wonderfully made".     (sometimes more fearful than wonderful!) 😀   thank goodness for that.  its the only time i ever have wavy hair!  


FROM BLAZING OAKS:  WOW! He had no special talents?!!  I could be Curious all my life, but not have the smarts to convert info. into world-changing theories and discoveries!! His whole life was somewhat chaotic and unstructured, but I"d say he had talents!!  I'm an avid reader  so I guess I am curious!~! ===JACK:  It's hard to imagine an Einstein being like the rest of us, or even a Biden, a Harris, or "land-sakes", a Trump.  As the saying goes, "They put their pants on, one leg at a time, just like the rest of us."


FROM FACEBOOK LIZ:  i loathed nearly every minute of school, unless i found it interesting. felt like 12 years of jail. kindergarten was fun.  but i have always ♥️ learning, and the internet at my fingertips on my iphone is a dream.  my mom was journalism major at iowa, worked at daily iowan. she subscribed to a variety of newspapers and mags. so i grew up in libertarian-minded, political household.  ===JACK:  Sometimes the best learning is done in a setting that isn't designed for learning.  My first Winning Words epitomized this..."Virtue is learned at mother's knee.  Vice is learned at other joints."  You are what you were.


FRTOM RS IN TEXAS:  Or, ask RFK said.... Some men see things as they are and ask, ""Why?"" I dream things that never were and ask, ""Why not?""  Sounds like something Al would have embraced.===JACK:  I would not like to play SCRABBLE with either one of them.

 

No comments: