Monday, February 22, 2021

Jack’s Winning Words 2/22/21

 “I think that there is a real art to walkabouts.”  (Kate Middleton)  I like the word, walkabout.  I also like related words like: sauntering, strolling, meandering and ambling.  There’s a sense of relaxation that goes with them.  I tend to think that most of us need less stress in our lives.  If you were to take a walkabout, where would that be?  I love walking down Lanigan Way and waving at the neighbors, or stopping for a brief chat.  What gives you relaxation?  ;-)  Jack


FROM WILLMAR REV:  ". . . sitting (others do the walking for me) in our local Walmart at the corner Subway for a couple of hours visiting with some of those of our city (20,000) and county (40,000), greeting, reminiscing, hugging occasionally and even praying for at times. There aren't too many places a pastor will find the folks coming to him!?!? 0;-) ===JACK:  I like the song, Brining In the Sheaves."  Both you and I have seen the need to go out to where the people are.  I rand door bells,  and you went to the mall...Both of us did walkabouts for Jesus.


FROM JU IN NC:  One of my favorite words is "ponder" .  I spend a lot of pondering about things. Lately I have been pondering about those folks who believe the covid 19 virus is a hoax.  If so, then everything connected to covid-19 must be a hoax.  If that is true would it not make sense for them to turn over their stimulus check to me?===JACK:  Half a million COVID deaths is no hoax.  Hoax and witch hunt are words that need to retired. ===JU: Another thing I pondered about recently was the dead tree in front of the house we are temporary staying in.  In spiite of its dead appearance, there must be some life in it. At least the spotted woodpecker thinks as much.   As he pounds away through the dead wood, I remind myself to be willing to pound through the dead wood in my life ever seeking the life of Christ vibrating within .===JACK:  This morning I've singing the song....I Want Jesus To Walk With Me..  You can get YouTube to play it for you.

FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  these little green pills called Valium.    (just kidding)    have a good week, Jack.===JACK:  Of course you're kidding, but all kidding aside, the opioid crisis is a real problem. 

FROM PASTY PAT:  I walk several miles on the West Bloomfield trail every morning in the spring, summer and fall. All of those “walking words” warm my heart. But despite my Finnish heritage, I really don’t like winter!===JACK:  So, that must mean no sauna and a jump in the snow for you.  I'll bet you've done it once or twice in your life.===PP:  Guilty as charged --- when I was MUCH younger!===JACK:  Guilty as charged --- when I was MUCH younger!

FROM YOGA GURU:  St. John's University has some fabulous trails! ===JACK:  Recently, I saw a man walking in a strange way.  I rolled down the car window and asked if he were doing the Monty Python Funny Walk.  He replied that he was just exercising.  Is that what you do on the trails?===YG:  I take lots of photos.  The trails are very friendly-  Joan could push you in a chair if she's willing. ===JACK:  Horses probably aren't allowed on the trails.  


FROM RS IN TEXAS:  I think a walk in the forest...where the only sounds are those of nature.  But not too far from the car!===JACK:  I suppose there's not much walking being done these days in icy Texas.  It must seem that you've been tansported back to Wisconsin where they really know what winter is all about.


FROM BLAZING OAKS:  Used to be a walk around the Golf course; now a "ride", and that only occasionally! 3 of my 4 kids are hikers and walkers, especially Sarah along Lake Michigan shores. So many beautiful places to stroll!! Mark and Lori used to frequent /State and Nat'l parks for hiking.  Good WW to contemplate!!===JACK:  Why don't the legs move as they used to?


FROM BB IN CHGO:  Great question; love Kate.  I think the Art Institute.  It is open again with a new exhibit featuring Bisa Butler – check her out.  I just asked Angelique to come for a visit so I have a buddy for the walkabout.===JACK:  The Art Institute....What a great place for a walkabout, especially with your daughter who was trained there.  The Zoo would be fun, too, for a second stroll.


FFROM JR IN ANDOVER:  Spazieren and Spaziergang are nice words, too, meaning taking a relaxing walk and the walk it self respectively.  Usually also means no destination is required===JACK:  I wish that I made better use of my half-German heritage.  I did learn to like German food.  Mmmmmm!  I should have learned more of the German language (You could have been my teacher)..

 

No comments: