Monday, February 08, 2021

 

Jack’s Winning Words 2/8/21

“A great person does work that is useful to mankind and makes people happy.”  (Urban Dictionary)  With his win in the Super Bowl yesterday, they are calling Tom Brady the G.O.A.T.. I've always thought a “goat” was someone who was a failure at something.  Then, I came to realize that G.O.A.T. means Greatest Of All Time.  That may (or may not) describe Brady as a football player.  But, in your mind, who do you know (living or dead) who is useful to mankind and makes people happy?  ;-)  Jack 


FROM EDUCATOR PAUL:  Well.... you fit the bill!😊===JACK:  The smiley face at the end of your response says that I shouldn't take your answer too seriously...and I won't.===PAUL:  Quite the opposite===jackjACK:  You're too generous.


FROM WILLMAR REV:  You know, Jack!! You and I have spent a lifetime following and proclaiming His goodness!! 0;-)===JACK:   There are many gret persona "out there" doing God's work in a quiet an unassuming way.  Hurrah for them!===REV:  I was trying to come up with an acronym for LAMB and the best I can do is “Loving All Mankind & Beyond” 0;-) ===JACK:  I love acronyms, like: FAITH...Forsaking All Others I Take Him.


FROM HUNGRY HOWIE:  Mohammed Ali referred to himself as the Greatest of all kind. I can still hear him say this. That is where the phrase originated. Some thought him a braggart some thought he should be more humble some wanted him to just shut up. But to me he was a person of great moral beliefs and integrity able to withstand extreme criticism for his beliefs. To me he is most useful to mankind and makes me happy to use him as a moral compass ===JACK:  I liked him first when he was Cassius Clay.  His conversion to Islam seemed to change him into a more thoughtful and enignomatic person.


FROM GURU CA:  YOU ! of course===JACK:  Usually you give seriouys answers to my words.  BTW, I saw a New Yorker cartoon showing a man woman walking together She has a rolled up mat under her arm.  He says: "So all these years you never did yoga, but walked around carrying the mat?"


FROM JW IN SJ:    You, Jack.  And of course Joan too.===JACK:  I'll go along with the "Joan"  answer.


FROM MD IN BSFL:  I was thinking  Donald J Trump.===JACK:  You must be dreaming and having a nightmare.===MD:  You gotta love diversity. Pretty dull if we all thought alike.===JACK:  You gotta love diversity. Pretty dull if we all thought alike.===MD:  There is nothing that you could say or do that would bother me. Us Trump supporters have thick skin.===JACK:  I thought you were kidding when you said that you were a Trumper.  Now, don't tell me that you accept QAnon, too.



FROM RS IN TEXAS:  You......and Fauci===JACK:  That Fauci is a smart cookie and seems to be smiling a lot more, working with the new administration. .


FROM BLAZING OAKS:  Bill and Melinda Gates use their fortune to do good all over the world, and Pres. Jimmy Carter surely exemplifies these two things! Your ministry also qualifies, in my book, and those who work quietly and diligently to help the homeless and needy in their communities. I admire Tom Brady, and in his field he may well be the G.O.A.T, after yesterday's win!===JACK:  Those are good suggestions (except for for me.  I think that Carter was on of the most underrated, misunderstood and unappreciated of our presidents.   Tom Brady, of course, is a great (if not the greatest of QBs.

No comments: