Monday, February 01, 2021

 

Jack’s Winning Words 2/1/21

“There’s another life that I might have had, but I am living this one.”  (Kazuo Ishiguro)  Have you ever wondered “what might have been” if you’d made other choices in life?  If I’d have hung out with other people, or gone to another school, or did what I’d really wanted to do?  But as Kazuo says, “but I’m living this one.”  The what ifs don’t count.  What matters is, What am I doing today, and How can I make it better?  Start today to make a better tomorrow.  ;-)  Jack 


FROM LBP:  I do my share of alternate reality thinking. Sometimes it leads to grass-is-greener musing. But as someone who often tries to follow others, it is a window into what I find is important ===JACK:  I'd say "important AND better."  I think that "Twilight Zone" might have had aqn episode about that.  I've been watching some old Twilight Zone on Netflix.


FROM NORM'S BLOG:  It is quite normal every now and then to muse about what might have been, had you made a different decision at some point in your past. However, it is not health (mentally) to obsess about what might have been. It is better that you spend that time planning what might yet still be. Look forward, not backwards.===JACK:  Why do we do that kind of daydreaming?  I do it, not because I want a different life....Maybe it's a way of apprecxiating the life I have.


FROM BLAZING OAKS:  Of the Two guys I dated somewhat seriously in college, (beside Bill) e became a psychiatrist In Atlanta GA, and the other heads alaw firm of 72 lawyers(or did) in CA! Obviously I would have probably  enjoyed a more affluent life with either of them, but feel my life as a pastor's wife brought much satisfaction, warm relationships, kindness, and much love, so I'm glad I lived this one!! I feel it was what I was meant to do and be.  And I live comfortably at that! :-)===JACK:  It's a good (and fun) experience to date other people.  It helps us with making a choice...and it certainly appears that you made the right one.  Bill was a winner.  BTW, whatever happened to Crutch?


FROM JU IN NC:  How appropriate.  For me to collect the "what ifs," would be like trying to collect air particles, take them to a bank and hope to draw interest for a rainy day.  Yet, we spend our lives collecting unreal what ifs, and hope to mold them into something that needs to be real.===JACK:  I've played the "what if" game many times and wound up appreciating what I have, in stead of what I have had.  


No comments: