Tuesday, January 25, 2022

 Jack’s Winning Words 1/25/22

“With each new day comes new strength and new thoughts.”  (Eleanor Roosevelt)  The Mayo Clinic has a list of things that make for a healthy life.  Like Eleanor, they suggest beginning the day with a new thought, a positive one.  Along with that, they recommend doing something nice for someone.  The Clinic also lists: walking, exercising, sitting down while eating, sleeping 7 to 8 hours, drinking lots of water AND avoiding a news overdose!  I do most of those things and feel better for it.  What are your tips for starting a new day?  ;-)  Jack


FROM JOE AN:    I start my day by asking,”What can I do for you today God?” ===JACK:  Martin Luther, in his Small Catechism, explains "Thy will be done" as it appears in the Lord's Prayer by writing: "The God and gracious will of God is done without our prayer, but in this petition, we pray that it might be done by us."  Congratulations on wanting to do the will of God as you begin each day. ===JA:  Oh JACK I forgot to mention to ask the question you must be a content simple sheep and listen for His voice and then follow Him. ===JACK:  You and God seem to be on good talking terms.


FROM HUNGRY HOWIE:  Thanks Jack. Good advice===JACK:  Sometimes life makes it difficult to "ac-cent the pos-i-tive and e-lim-i-nate the neg-a-tive."

FROM DR J IN FLA:  I would add spending quality time with friends and family ❤===JACK: There's a difference between time and "quality" time.

F️ROM YOGA CA:  To start my day,  I move my being for five minutes (Yoga),  drink a pint of water, study the Bible's daily scripture, then treat me to your winning words !===JACK:  Give me an example of a Yoga thought.===Y: Here you go sir:  On a slow deep inhale,  breath in through your nose all of the goodness and love in your world,  hold for 4 counts - letting that goodness and love embrace you, on an exhale, release all of your pain, your fears, any anxiousness, or negativity and as you are releasing, make the sound of breath ahhhhhhhh.  Repeat a few times. ; )===JACK:  It feels good, and positive, too.  Thanks  

FROM THE SCIENTIST:   Reading this and other phone scrolling while on the treadmill. It’s a new habit I’m trying to build. Working mostly from home I don’t get a lot of natural movement (no parking lot,  no office on the 3rd floor, no conference rooms to find, bathroom is 10ft not 100ft down the hall…). It feels good to start the day this way. I just have to remind myself of that when the alarm goes off.===JACK:  Times change, and we must be willing to adjust to that, or we will stuck in a rut.  It reminds me of a sign seen at the beginning of a country dirt road..."Choose your rut carefully.  You'll be in it for the next 5 miles." 

FROM SALON SUZY:  I like to do yoga and stretch my body, along with all those other suggestions ===JACK:  I'm pleasantly surprised at the number of people who begin the day with yoga.  Good thoughts are important to good health.

FROM WILLMAR REV:  … reading Jack’s “Winning Words," of course! 0;-) ===JACK: That's nice for you to say, but I can imagine that you start the day with some biblical reading...and maybe a song.

FROM IKE AT THE MIC:  On that theme I'm reminded of the''winning words" of that great philosopher Yogi Berra once said "The worst thing about not having a goal,is that you never know when you get there.===JACK:  I've heard many Yogi-isms, but that's a new one for me.  Thanks for helping to  increase my knowledge today.

No comments: