Wednesday, January 19, 2022

 Jack’s Winning Words 1/19/22

“My mother always used to say, ‘The older you get, the better you get…unless you’re a banana.’” (Betty White)  Well, Betty almost made it to 100, however  she’s left behind some good advice on how to age gracefully.  “Try to see the funnyside of everything, especially when looking into the mirror.”  Don’t expect to look 20 when you’re over 50.  Avoid the sedentary life; exercise, eat sensibly, take walks and don’t forget the sunscreen.  A final piece of advice: “Everybody needs a passion.”  My passion is my Winning Words blog.  For Betty, it was care for animals.  Is there something you care about?  ;-)  Jack. 

FROM SALON SUZY:    Making people feel beautiful===JACK:  I like it that you youu used the modifier, feel, instead of look.  When I walk out of your place I feel good (not beautiful).

FROM RVB IN WBM:  The words of the wise are like goads and like nails firmly fixed are the collected sayings."  Ecclesiastes 12:11.===JACK:  There are still undiscovered "gems" in the Bible.  Thanks for uncovering one for me. 

FROLM MD IN BRF:    My favorite Betty  line is "get eight hours of beauty sleep..unless you're ugly..then you need nine"===JACK:  I like self-dep0recxating humor.  Rodney Dangerfield was good at that, as was Bettgy.


FROM DR J IN FLA:  my mom… in her last days… would say to us.. “I feel fine.. just don’t buy green bananas”  She had a sense of humor through it all ;-)===JACK:  It was a privilege to have known this "unusual" person and to have a part in "honoring" her life.

 

 

    

No comments: