Thursday, January 20, 2022

 Jack’s Winning Words 1/20/22

“What you do, the way you think, makes you beautiful.”  (Scott Westerfield)    Recently I read of a camel beauty contest in Saudi Arabia with over 30,000 competing for $60 M in prizes.  “Beauty” was based on walking, length of eyelashes and size of lips (40 were disqualified for using Botox).  Author Westerfield says that there’s more to beauty than looks.  In fact, the Miss America contest has done away with swimsuit competition and replaced it with competition based on talent.  Of course, it still helps to have a nice smile.  What’s your idea of beauty?  ;-)  Jack..

FROM SALON SUZY:  I see it in God’s finger paint the most. Sunsets, mountains and my children…===JACK:  Ice and snow can be pretty, too.  I remember the ice sculptures connected with the Winter Carnival.===SS:  Yes, Minnehaha Falls are beautiful too


FROJM LS IN WB:  Today is my oldest daughter’s 39th birthday.  I forwarded this message to all four of my daughters today.  I have told this to them over and over again.   Thank you for the Divine message today.===JACK:  I'm sure that "Mom's Words" will long be remembered and appreciated.

FROM WILLMAR REV:  I'm with that one that sung, "Everything is beautiful in its own way . . . " 0;-)===JACK:  I can't imagine God saying that anything is "ugly" unless it was sin...but through His miraculous-magic, He's able to take away ugliness and make it into something beautiful.===REV:  You are waiting for this, I know-- 0;-)) 

Something Beautiful  Gaither Vocal Band

Something beautiful, something good
All my confusion He understood
All I had to offer Him was brokenness and strife
But he made something beautiful of my life

If there ever were dreams
That were lofty and noble
They were my dreams at the start
And hope for life's best were the hopes
That I harbor down deep in my heart
But my dreams turned to ashes
And my castles all crumbled, my fortune turned to loss
So I wrapped it all in the rags of life
And laid it at the cross 

FROM SHALOM JAN:  "Beauty is as beauty does" -- a quote I've heard all my life! ===JACK:  ...and what difference has it made in your life?===JACK:  My sister has told me how difficult it is to be the younger sister.  Like you, she has been extremely gifted in her own way.


No comments: