Tuesday, January 11, 2022

 Jack’s Winning Words 1/11/22

“We’re building the airplane as we fly it.”  (Gretchen Whitmer)  I have a real sympathy for politicians in leadership roles today.  The economy, the pandemic, natural disasters…so many unprecedented problems.  Similarly, I have sympathy for pastors trying to “do church” during the pandemic!  …and how are they to  “do church” post-pandemic?  What a challenge!  We are a people who must adjust to the times in which we find ourselves.  The simile of building an airplane while flying it is an apt one.  Has there ever been a time such as this for you?  ;-)  Jack  

FROM HONEST JOHN:  think every time period carries lots of challenges ….depressions….good times (sometimes they bring the biggest challenges)…..wars….times of worker unrest….revolutions,   Etc. Etc. Etc. ===JACK:  I think that you and I could tackle "doing church" during (and post) pandemic, but it certainly would require some new thinking.  I "started" churches during the "best of times," IMO.

FROM WILLMAR REV:  Certainly towards the top or at the top for an unprecedented time for me…loss of words and finding myself standing and scratching my head…rhetoric in abundance, action going in circles, even the Supreme Court having difficulty with their stated facts of the pandemic’s cause and effect?!?!  0:-/===JACK:  During a fierce storm, Martin Luther prayed: "God help me!"  We must not forget the omni-presence of God.

FROM FACEBOOK LIZ:  crazy tyrant should be in jail.===JACK:  Pretty harsh words from a person who professes to care.===LIZ:  my priorities are right. i care abt my fellow americans, not oppressive politicians... she should be in jail. and fauci should be stir-fried, tho i am normally against death penalty.===JACK:  You take care of your own state, and we'll take care of Michigan (through the ballot box and not bars or capital punishment).  The "hatred" expressed today is beyond what I have experienced.  Unbelievable!===LIZ:  you are anything but ignorant... nor are you uninformed. i challenge you bc you are smart!===JACK:  Thanks for not always taking me seriously.  I do have a "funny" bone somewhere.


FROM DAZ IN CO:  It is a challenge today and politicians seem to have strange ways of handling them.===JACK:  The latest I've heard from the "anti-vaxers" is that the government is purposely hiding "the real" Covid cure so that the drug companies can sell more of their "fake" product. 



No comments: