Tuesday, January 18, 2022

 Jack’s Winning Words 1/18/22

“Music is my religion.”  (Jimi Hendricks)  Music has a close connection with my religion, too.  I loved those Sunday School Singspirations led by Mrs T.  The theology might not have been the greatest, but the songs helped bring me to the faith I have today.  Famous musician Harry Connick, Jr said that his religious beliefs were influenced by music, too…and by discussions he had with his father on the subject.  Right now I’m humming, “Great Is Thy Faithfulness.”  What kind of music has impacted your faith…or has it?  ;-)  Jack  

FROM DR J IN FLA:  Good question… so much music inspires me and connects me spiritually…Here’s a good one… enjoy!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04v-SdKeEpE===JACK:  I always appreciate knowing something about what's going on in the mind of others.


FROM SHALOM JAN:  Some of the best theology comes from hymn lyrics.  (Oh, yes, there is plenty of bad theology in music, too, but I concentrate on the good!)===JACK:  Some theology is bad theology...and I try to avoid that.


FROM  MY LAWYER:  I think you'll enjoy this video about George Gershwin and how his music evolved.http://www.youtube.com/embed/w-nznS0FXKc?feature=player_detailpage===JACK:  G.G. is one of my all-time favorites...especially Rhapsody In Blue.


FROM EMT SINGS IN TC:  At this moment I am at my desk listening to music that was recorded  when we lived downstate and I was singing in the Plymouth Community Chorus.  A great experience! We sang twice at the National Cathedral ;, Washington by invitation. Many great memories!===JACK:  Have you connected with a singing group in TC? ===EMT:  I am considering joining the church choir.  I have done a lot of that too!===JACK:  If I were the choir director there, I'd shout: HOORAY! 



FROM GUSTIE:  Me too.  Most of the scriptures I hear in church I have a “ditto” running in my head with a song—or an anthem to go with it.  And thanks for the ear worm.  Now I am singing Great is Thy Faithfulness too!  Ha!===JACK:  I like Day By Day and Precious Lord.  Beethoven's Joyful, Joyful is allso a favorite.


FROM DAIRYLAND DONNA:  Me too. First song I ever sang was "Jesus Loves Me" when I was 3 in Sunday School. Wanted to sing it every day. 😊  I do love "Great is Thy Faithfulness" and also "Amazing Grace" ===JACK:  I learned to recite the Books of the Bible (in order) because our Sunday School song leader set them to a singable tune.  I learned the names of the 12 disciples when they were put to the tune of Jesus Loves Me..."Jesus called them one by one, Peter, Andrew James and John.  Next came Philip, Thomas, too, Matthew and Bartholomew.  James the one they called, the Less, Simon, also Thaddaeus.  12th disciple Judas made.  Jesus was by him betrayed.  Yes, Jesus called them.  Yes, Jesus called them.  Yes, Jesus called them, and they all followed him.

FROM DR J IN FLA:  Good question… so much music inspires me and connects me spiritually…Here’s a good one… enjoy!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04v-SdKeEpE===JACK:  You have so many talents...

 

No comments: