Monday, December 06, 2021

 Jack’s Winning Words 12/6/21

“If I sing when I’m alone, I feel wonderful.  It’s freedom.”  (Andrea Bocelli)  Are there songs that you sing when you’re alone…when no one’s listening?  I like to sing You Are My Sunshine and sometimes the first three words of O Sole Mio, which is translated: You Are My Sunshine,  Music has a way of making us feel wonderful.  It was wonderful to attend a Bocelli concert last night.  Some people enjoy “the Stones,” but, for me,  Andrea really rocks.  ;-)  Jack

FROM JOE ANN:  I sing “What a Wonderful World.” I could listen to Louis Armstrong all day long. I have a book based on the lyrics of this song. It’s large and the illustrations are beautiful so children love it as much as I do. ===JACK:  Armstrong is a example that you don't have to have a "good" voice to sing a song and make it sound beautiful.

FROM COPPER COUNTRY PASTOR:  Amen!   My favorite is  Zippidy do dah  Blessed Advent===JACK:  My favorite Advent hymn is "O Come, O Come, Immanuel."  I could see singing "Zippidy" in church some Sunday when the sermon is about putting some ZIP into the expression of our faith.  There are some days when I wish that I were unretired and could try out some new ideas.  

FROM THE SHARK:  I like to sing:  There is no sunshine when she’s gone ===JACK:  I like that song, too...although it seems like a sad song.  Songs express our feelings - happy - sad - in between.  Do you have a favorite Chaldean Church song?

FROM HY YO SILVER:  I wish I had known that you were also there.  What a spectacular show, eh!?  Wow. So glad I was there.  24 hours earlier I was at the championship game in Indianapolis.  Go Blue===JACK:  I was hoping that Bocelli would sing "Hail to the Victors."  That would have been funny.  It was a good concert, lotsa people, lotsa people, lotsa rain (I was drenched), and streets that were gridlocked.  My favorite of his songs was, "You'll Never Walk Alone."  I suppose that you have Wolverine tickets for Miami. 

FROM BB IN CHGO:  Glad you enjoyed the concert.  It is wonderful to have a shared music experience.===JACK:  What's a recent concert that you've attended?

FROM DS IN SOCAL:  I agree!!!  Andrea Bocelli is awesome, but when I sing (in the shower especially), I sing lots of Anne Murray and Carpenters songs. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas, Jack.===JACK:  Does your "Shower Sing List" change with the seasons?  Bocelli sang "White Christmas" last night.  I've also heard him sing, "Jingle Bells." 

FROM PROUD MARY:  Moon River…As Time Goes By…Somewhere Over the Rainbow…Rainbow Connection…For All We Know…Puff the Magic Dragon…and on and on.===JACK:  How come you picked all favorites of mine?

FROM SALON SUZY:  I sing alone all the time, especially praise and worship 🎶 music===JACK:  I love many kinds of music.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  I'll bet that was a  real  treat !!  I sing around the house all the time,; whatever pops into my; head from the hundreds  of songs that  are in my; brain!! :-)===JACK:  Imagine what a brain Bocelli must have to remember the words and notes of songs.  Blindness doesn't seem to bother him.

FROM SB IN MI:  Glad you enjoyed the Bocelli concert over the weekend. I remember how comforting and uplifting he was when he sang so beautifully from an empty cathedral during the early days of the pandemic to spread hope for the world. Music, especially sacred music, can bring us together.===JACK:  That's a good thought.  You piqued my curiosity.  What is "sacred music?"  Os music simply music?  Do the lyrics cause it to be sacred or secular?

 

 

No comments: