Tuesday, December 14, 2021

 Jack’s Winning Words 12/14/21

“The most incredible thing about miracles is that they happen.”  (G.K.Chesterton)  I recall writing about the jar we have on the kitchen counter, labeled…Miracle or Co-incidence.  When something unusual happens in our life, we write about it on a slip of paper and put it into the jar.  One of these days I intend to read those pieces of paper and be reminded of how God has been active in our lives.  Miracles aren’t “magic.”.  Most of the time they’re just events that happen regularly, that show that God is with us always.  What ordinary miracle have you seen?  ;-)  Jack

FROM DR JUDY:  What a cool idea. I love the idea that you have a ‘miracle or coincidence’ jar. Oh I think it would be so much fun to see what was in there. I hope you will open it sometime for a walk down memory/miracle lane. Have fun! ===JACK:  Maybe I'll open the jar on New Year's Day as a reminder of G-d's presence in the past and our anticipation of His presence in the year ahead.  ===DJ:  Love that idea. You’re going to have so much fun if and when you ever decide to open that jar and start taking peeks.===JACK:  ...to see that G-d was "there" when I thouigh that He was busy in Heaven.


FROM WILLMAR REV:  "Most of the time they’re just events that happen regularly, that show that God is with us always." I can't wait to talk to Him about those that really were?!  0;-) ===JACK:  A lot of people will be standing in line to have a talk with God in Heaven.  Why not do it now?  Have you sung the 4-part song: "Let us have a little talk with Jesus; let tell Him all about our troubles. ===REV:  Many times, my good friend…even in the shower over the years!! “He will answer by and by!” One of my favorites!! 0;-)===JACK:  I'm not surprised that you know it and can sing it.  I'll bet that the neighbors can hear you.


FROM AA IN FL:  THAT MY WIFE HAS STUCK WITH ME FOR OVER 56 YEARS===JACK:  Did you say, "has been stuck" with you?  Just kidding.  In these days when long-term relationships are more rare, it's encouraging that you've set an example for a younger generation.

FROM SR IN SJ:  The surprise visit of a friend this very day!  Thanks, dear Jack!!! ===JACK:  For me, it was the chance to have a chat with two friends in our home.  He is facing major surgery after Christmas, and I had a chance to pray with them.  I felt the presence of God.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  My son's healing of internal bleeding when he was 2 yr.old;  We had seen Drs who had done tests, and nothing showed up, to explain this, so he was scheduled to go into Chicago's Children's Hospital for exploratory surgery (We lived in Dixon at the time), but I called some prayer warriors in for a "laying on of hands" and  the bleeding stopped, and never returned. The Dr.didn't have an answer for it,  I claimed a prayer healing, and he agreed it could be... That's just one instance of answered prayer in our lives!===JACK:  It happened after a prayer request.  Who can argue with that.  In situations such as that, I often end the prayer as we pray the Lord's Prayer..."Thy will be done on earth" and help us to rejoice in that.  Sometimes we don't give God enough credit.

FROM RS IN TEXAS:  Gloria's brother Jerry has Down Syndrome.  He wasn't supposed to live past 10.  He is now 63, and from the research I've done, may be in the top ten oldest people in the world with DS.  A miracle?  Depends on your point of view I guess, but pretty special.===JACK:  Who's normal?  You?  Me?  Jerry?  We are each special in the eyes of God.

FROM BB IN CHGO:  This is one of the best Jack.  I’m going to start a jar as well.  Thank you for the great idea.===JACK:  Have you found a jar, yet?  Time's a wastin'.  Miracles/coincidences are all around us.  I could have dropped something in my jar today.  God is great; God is good.  Let us thank Him for...all of the great things going on around us../..starting with your two beautiful children.

FROM SK IN SJ:  I sent a pkg. to my Grandson in Arizona on 11/2/21. He never got it. I was sad, as I thought it was stolen! I prayed to St Anthony everyday (Patron Saint of lost things) would you believe , it was returned to me last Monday! I jumped for joy and thanked my St Anthony. I had a few things that I wanted him to have and some cash! So . A miracle to me that it came back!😊🙏 ===JACK:  I have always been interested in the faith in saints that Catholics have.  What other saints, besides Anthony, are important to you?

 

No comments: