Thursday, December 16, 2021

 Jack’s Winning Words 12/16/21

“Success is personal, so stop comparing your apples to their oranges.”  (Yohance Salimu)  I’m glad that I googled Yohance.  This Air Force Academy cadet is a true SUCCESS example: growing up homeless, a seriously ill mother, poverty, gang, drugs, violence.  What was the future for him?  Not good, except for the people he ran into, the people who saw good in him.  We each have a story of how we have become what we are.  It’s a personal story, but the commonality is that we have a God who watches over us.  Think today of people who have made you who you are.  ;-)  Jack.

FROM BB IN CHGO:  For me, your key words were “people who saw good in him”.We’re supposed to see Christ in everyone.  Every one.  How rarely is that the case, especially when we are in a hurry or people get in the way of our personal goals and ambitions. I’m convinced we miss many chances to see Jesus before getting to the pearly gates!===JACK:  It's hard for me to "see Jesus" in the 15-yr-old boy who shot  and killed classmates in a high school close to where I live.  I can see a needy person, one who ought to have parents wise enough not to buy him a gun as a Christmas present.

 FROM SR IN SJ:  I stopped counting at 25, Jack!  How about you???===JACK:  I started counting...and then realized that even the "bad" examples have helped me to become the person I am today.  But, of course there are the "special" people, and you've been added to the "good" list.

 

No comments: