Friday, January 08, 2021

 

Jack’s Winning Words 1/8/21

“The soul is purified by misfortune and sorrow, as gold by fire.”  (Bozena Nemcova)  A  Nova Scotian friend sent this quote which seems to say that bad things happening to good people can turn out for the best.  I’ve seen it happen (and maybe you have, too) that “bad luck has turned into good fortune.”  It was that way with me and polio.  We might look back and see 2020 as positive, rather than negative.  Who knows the mind of God?  ;-)  Jack


FROM DM IN LIV:  Happy New Year, Pastor Jack and a heartfelt THANK YOU for Winning Words!!===JACK:  I thought that 2020 was a most unusual year.  2021 is starting out to be unusual, too.


FROM BLAZING OAKS:  I do hope something positive comes from the terrible Trump years in office!!  Probably my husband 's broken knee during the first game of the season with the Bears, changed his life for the good in the long run. Would he still have become a wonderful pastor,  had he remained in that pro life for a long time?  Who knows, but God does bring good out of bad situations, often! If nothing else, the life lesson learned from it!===JACK:  I remember Ken Anderson, QB from Augustana who went on to be an all-star in the NFL for the Cincinnatti Bengals..  Bill might have become an all-star for the Bears, but God (nd circumstances) had other plans.  Do you remember the song, "Whatever will be, will be?"===OAKS:  Of course I remember that song Jen and I used to sing that together in one of our programs, sweet memories!


No comments: