Thursday, January 14, 2021

 

Jack’s Winning Words 1/14/21

“I think the one lesson I have learned is that there is no substitute for paying attention.”  (Diane Sawyer)  A man applying for a job walked into a room filled with other applicants.  Music was softly playing.  After a while the man got up and walked into the President’s office…and got the job.  During the music a voice said that the first one to come through the President’s door would get the job.  Did anyone teach you to pay attention?  ;-)  Jack


FROM WILLMAR REV:  An old experienced gentleman called, Life!! Have a blessed Minnesota day, Jack...happy to know you are close by again in my life’s experiences. 0;-)===JACK:  One of your good qualities is that yopu pay attention to the needs of people.  That makes for a good pastor and for a worthwhile citizen of your community. ===REV:  Thank you! You are always so encouraging with your comments! 0;-)

 

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  I had some strict teachers who stressed that; one time I drifted out of attention during a long discussion of a poem, and the teacher asked me what I thought of "that comment", and I had no idea...Her sarcastic reply was,  "So sorry; to interrupt your day dreams!"  I sat up and paid strict attention from then on...-)  I got straight A's in her classes, so must have redeemed myself! My son and wife are helping grandson (6) and granddaughter (10) with their virtual schooling, and finding it stressful to keep them focused!! Doesn't help the blood pressure!!===JACK:  It took me a while longer to learn the importance of paying attention.  However, we don't all have identical agendas.  While you were getting your, A's, I was learning other stuff in a life school where grades were not given.


FROM HONEST JOHN:  Of course, where we would we be without “the dreamers”?===JACK:  I like the name, "DREAMERS<" attached to the DACA people.  Dreamers are what has made America great, in the first place.===JOHN:  Were the Prophets dreamers?    I think so.   To me, Dreamers are folks with their feet on the ground and their minds in the clouds....===JACK:  Maybe the absent-minded professor just had his mind in the clouds.

FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  i am sure glad it wasn't some moron that walked in first:):):) ===JACK:  When you got to the pointwhere you were hiring staff for your growing congregation, were you looking for someone who paid attention?  Or, what was it that you were looking for?


FROM SHALOM JAN:  What a great example for so many areas of our lives!  Yes, there is a place for relaxing and being "off" but most of our waking hours should be "on" time.===JACK:  I can't remember who it was, but one of my college or seminary profs had a way of embarassing "latecomers" to class.

No comments: