Tuesday, January 12, 2021

 

Jack’s Winning Words 1/12/21

“Seeing is believing, but sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can’t see.”  (The conductor on the Polar Express)  Do you remember the Polar Express Christmas movie?  There was lots of make believe in it, but the theme was that there are many things in this world that exist, although we can’t see them.  Air, for example.  Love is another.  Should ghosts be included?  How about God?  What’s real that you can’t see?  ;-)  Jack


FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  i also like this one:   Seeing is believing but believing is also seeing!     we will never "see" some things until we take that first tentative step of faith.===JACK:  Do you "see" God as more than Jesus?  Are Father and Spirit necessary to get amore complete picture?===SP:   i think all three beautifully complement and enhance each other.===JACK:  I think that the Trinity mis a good concept, but God is infinitely more than that, IMHO.===SP:  i can live with that.   our finite minds will never fully comprehend what is really incomprehensible.  

  FROM BLAZING OAKS:  How about integrity; truth,  character, loyalty, ideas, dignity, compassion, empathy, etc. You can see the results, but not the word itself...We know when people have them!===JACK:  Right!  We may not "see" God with our eyes, but we can see the presence of God in people and in events.


FROM PROUD MARY:  We should never deny our spirit realm. A friend of mine who shares my belief shared a great quote with me.  “Not all ghosts haunt-Some keep you company until you can trust the living once more.”  I have called upon my “people” many a time.  🏼🌈  Oh and then there’s the fairies and sprites. I’m really never alone.===JACK  This is not a judgmental question only part of a informarl survey).  Have you become part of a group of people who consider themselves to be -"spiritual, but not religious?"  ...and, if so, What does that mean to you?


FROM MV IN MI:  I loved that movie. It really brought back memories of my childhood Christmases.  It was right after my Mom died and she loved Christmas. The song at the end by Josh Groban was perfect and I became quite a fan of his.===JACK:  It's strange, isn't it, how the mind is able to recall memories and create new ones.

 FROM WILLMAR REV:  How often have we been reminded of this over the years-- "The wind blows wherever it wants. Just as you can hear the wind but can’t tell where it comes from or where it is going, so you can’t explain how people are born of the Spirit” (John 3:9) 0;-)===JACK:  Yes, I've often wondered about that...where the wind comes from.  I should have paid more attention in my science class.  The study of theology helped me to understand that when I come face to face with seemingly unanswerable questions....There is God!

No comments: