Wednesday, January 06, 2021

 

Jack’s Winning Words 1/6/21

“I was born to do this…I am not afraid.”  (Joan of Arc)  Joan was born, a peasant girl during the 100 Yrs War.  Who’d have expected her to be martyred at age 19, because of her leadership in “saving” France?  Joan saw herself as called by God to do what she did.  On  reflection, I see God active in my life choices.  There are too many happenings that seem beyond coincidence.  Have you noticed that in your life?  It’s almost like The Twilight Zone.  ;-)  Jack 


FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  sometimes i think back over a day or a week or a month and i recall all the good things that have happened to me which I IN NO WAY PLANNED or could have even foreseen.   and i then i also find myself asking, WHY am i so blessed and others not.  one of life's most vexing questions.  take care, old friend.    btw, i hope my mind is as sharp as yours is when i reach your age!===JACK:  "Fret not thyself about tomorrow, for thou knowest not what a day may bring."  I learned that a long time ago.  I purposely did not look it up ahead of time, guessing that it's froom Proverbs in the King James Bible.  ===PAUL:  i also like this one: if you want to hear God laughing,  tell him your plans for the day.  


FROM ANDOVER JR:  A wonderful pastor at Augustana often would say there are no coincidences, only Godincidences. We mention that frequently as life unfolds around us.===JACK:  Tell me one that has happened to you.

 

1 comment:

Norm Your Huron Valley Realtor said...

I often stop to thank God for saving my bacon during the day when He somehow gets me out of situations that I find myself in. Is it just coincidence? I think not.