Friday, January 22, 2021

 Jack’s Winning Words 1/22/21

“We are the world  We are the children  We are the ones who make a brighter day.”  (Michael Jackson and Lionel Richie)  January 22 originally was set aside to celebrate the children in our lives, but has come to signify all that is good about being alive.  The good far outweighs the bad.  Focus on the bad – You see the bad.  Look for the good – You see the good.  There are good things and good people out there.  Perhaps you can make a list of them today.  What will you put down?  ;-)  Jack


FROM WILLMAR REV:  Knowing my good friend, Jack of course!! 0;-) Blessing!!!! 0;-)===JACK:I never thought that circumstances would put me within an hour of a place called, Willmar, Minnesota...home of one of the most unusual ministers I've ever met. 


FROM LBP:  I get my second vaccine shot on Sunday. 👍===JACK:  There are perks when you work for a health care provider.  But, I guess that you are an "essential" part of the operation.


FROM ER IN SKO:  So true! I know many, many people who live depressed lives because they only focus on the bad. So terribly sad and unfortunate. A bad habit that ruins the silver linings of life ===JACK:  One of the advantages of my job as a pastor wasw to be able to preach "good news" each week, day/month, year.  It also helps to belong to an organization like the Optimist Club.  


FROM ME IN NEWPORT BEACH:  Wendy’s Baconaiter and Wienerschnitzel’s Big Pastrami===JACK:  Lucky you.  I'm gluten intolerant, so that stuff is off limits fopr me.....but I cand have Bar-B-Q Ribs and steak and oatmeal.


No comments: