Friday, November 27, 2020

 Jack’s Winning Words 11/27/20

“The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.”  (Jimmy Johnson – Football Coach)  The odds of a college football player making it to the pros are about: 2 %   It’s not about being a star.  It’s about having that little “extra” that sets you apart from the others.  In fact, every “headhunter” is looking for an employee who produces more than expected.  ;-)  Jack   

FROM EDUCATOR PAUL:  When coaches are asked, “Who would you like on your team? The player with talent or the journeyman who has a strong work ethic and will always give you 100%.  The answer always surprises me. Coaches say they will always choose the player with that extra talent.  It was explained to me that a great coach salivates over the challenge of taking that player with talent and coaching them to superstar status regardless what that player initially shows in terms of personality, work ethic, etc.===JACK:      Along the same linbe, I've heard that it works well to put on a resume: "I was raised on a farm."  There's a farm work ethic that translates well into the marketplace.

FROM SK IN SJ:  Whew! I’m glad to be retired   Ha! Although a person does feel good if you give a little extra to projects and baking and whatever. ===JACK:  That "little extra" works in almost everything...even in quilting and cooking.

FROM WEB:  I  hope you had a second slice of pie yesterday!  This lockdown is starting to push me into a different dimension, one without restaurants and where my English Bulldog is not only my best friend now he’s my only friend. I should have bought stock in Zoom and sold Turkeys short. ===JACK:  It was just the two of us in Minnesota.  We cancelled 5 guests to be safe.  T he virus will eventually be controlled...but then we move on to other problems.  "If it isn't one thing, it's another," was Gilda Radner's famous line.  I miss her.


No comments: