Wednesday, November 04, 2020

 


Jack’s Winning Words 11/5/20

“Essentialism: the disciplined pursuit of less.”  (Greg McKeown)  I know several people who are minimalists when it comes to recycling - putting those tiny plastic bottle tops in the bin -  making pumpkin soup out of the Halloween Jack-o-Lantern and roasting the seeds for a snack.  I’m a “limited” minimalist…but at least I believe in essentialism.  I do have a recycling bin, and it’s emptied each week. It’s emptier now without the political ads. How’s your pursuit going?  ;-)  Jack  

FROM FACEBOOK LIZ:  i do the same as you..===JACK:  I could do better.  So, maybe I'll try harder...tomorrow..

FROM RS IN TEXAS:  Recycling and composting....trying to do both as best we can.  Making sure all "electronic" waste doesn't go into the landfill, either.   We are fortunate to have a free dropoff facility about 20 minutes from the house for all "hazardous" waste. ===JACK:  I'm ready to drop off the political ads in the hazardous waste area.

FROM WILLMAR REV:  Ours were separated into three containers earlier years gone by . . . now one large container with everything thrown in together. I guess I have just graduated into a minimalist! 0;-)===JACK:  It seems as tho your community is heading back to be a maximalist.  What's going on?

FROM J&S:  We have lots of ideas on how we’re trying to minimize! ===JACK:  ...and from what I hear, you're putting some of those ideas into reality.. The world needs MORE people such as you.

FROM TRIHARDER:  Like backpacking, bicycle riding. Less is more.===JACK:  Bikers and kiers know how to do more with less,

FROM MAIL,MAN MIKE:  Good one, Jack.  All one really needs is a begging bowl, a robe, a prayer mat, one meal a day, and a job at a recycling center.  How minimalist is that??===JACK:  ...and there are many people in the world who have a "job' like that.



 


No comments: