Friday, November 20, 2020

 

 Jack’s Winning Words 11/19/20

“Be open to learn, to relearn and to unlearn.”  (Unknown)  When I went to seminary to become a pastor, I soon discovered that I had a lot to learn (8 yrs).  I also found out that there was even more to unlearn…and then to relearn.  Sunday School was a great experience, but there’s more to the Bible than Daniel in the lion’s den and Noah and his ark.  What I did learn as a child was to care about people…all people.  And I did learn that when trouble comes my way, God is always there to help me.  ;-)  Jack

FROM SK IN SJ:  Oh to remember the exciting stories of the Bible. Now as we go through life   It all makes more sense. But the bottom line is: Trust in the Lord. I have lots of stories where the lord guided me. So happy he is there for us and for anyone who asks for help. God bless you!===JACK:  The Bible stories that excited us as children have a deeper "adult" meaning.  One of the values of "higher" education is to be able to make the transition.  


No comments: