Friday, November 06, 2020

 Jack’s Winning Words 11/6/2020

“When all else is lost, the future still remains.”  (Christian Nestell Bovee)  There are many things on my mind with regard to the future – personally and with world in general.  When I was a teen someone taught me this phase – “I do not know what the future holds, but I know who holds the future.”  I offer it to you for use when you are concerned about what’s happening in our country and you wonder about the things going on in your life.  ;-)  Jack

FROM MD IN BS:  First cup of coffee and a fresh danish. Would I trade for a different election result? No.===JACK:  ,,,and reading the morning Free Press.

FROM EDUCATOR PAUL:  From Subject Received Size Paul LIPSON Georgia and More 8:26 AM 2 MB===JACK:  Some of  those political cartoonists as able to "nail" it.  This one did.

FROM IN LIKE...: Thanks Jack, this is a very good message.===JACK:  When you live long enough you see that some things mean more than others, and some...less.

FROM WILLMAR REV:  One of my favorite songs throughout the years as well, written by Ira Stanphill (1950)--

I don't know about tomorrow

I just live from day to day.
I don't borrow from it's sunshine
For it's skies may turn to grey.

I don't worry o'er the future
For I know what Jesus said.
And today I'll walk beside Him
For He knows what is ahead.

Many things about tomorrow
I don't seem to understand.
But I know who holds tomorrow
And I know who holds my hand.
I don't know about tomorrow
It may bring me poverty.
But the one who feeds the sparrow
Is the one who stands by me.
And the path that is my portion
May be through the flame or flood.
But His presence goes before me
And I'm covered with His blood.

Many things about tomorrow
I don't seem to understand.
But I know who holds tomorrow
And I know who holds my hand.
And I know who holds my hand.

===JACK:  God has blessed you with multiple ways to get His message across.  Maybe that means you have to work harder than the rest of us,===REV:  Just an old gentleman like you, Jack, with the experience and blessing of being raised in church and Sunday School, and too His calling to keep that which we've experienced and learned, sharing it with others. Nice to have a pastoral friend of encouraged as Jack Freed too! 0;-) ===JACK:  Jesus gave out talents and would have the laborers use them as they were able.

FROM YOGI CA:  Thank you - love it!===JACK:  sometimes we have trouble putting things in perspective, and that keeps us from seeing the picture as it should be.

FROM SK IN SJ:   Thank you for those words of wisdom. We all don’t know what’s next for us, but we must trust the lord to lead the way. I feel in transition. Always praying for my next adventure. ===JACK:  I feel comforted to pray: "The will be done on earth (in my life) as it is in Heaven." ===SK:  But sometimes don’t you ust want to know more , like for me, what’s next?? I’m ready for a new adventure! So what is it?? ===JACK:  Personally, I'm enjoying life so much now...What could be better?  Heaven?  There's a song, "One day at a time, sweet Jesus, that's all I'm asking of you.

FROM ER IN NF:  Are you shouting at me? Lol. Great message!! Enjoy your day with David and family.  Walk another hill!  ===JACK:  Ofentimes Winning Words serves as a mirror to my readers....and to me, too.

FROM BB IN CHGO:  I’ve always liked that phrase; thanks for bringing it back to mind.  “He’s got the whole world…in His hands” – those early childhood songs still remain.===JACK:  Maybe  I'm entering my 2nd childhood.

 



No comments: