Tuesday, November 17, 2020

 Jack’s Winning Words 11/17/20

“What if I told you that the left wing and the right wing belong to the same bird?”  (Unknown)  I’ve read that Ben Franklin wanted the turkey named as the official bird of America.  Can you imagine the President standing at a podium with a turkey pictured on the front?  The eagle does present a strong, dignified figure.  I wonder how right wing and left wing have come to represent opposite political views?  Right now I want to see both wings as part of the American eagle.  ;-)  Jack

FROM INDY GENIE:  I like this quote and I’d like to see all of us birds fly together. There’s just one sky, right?☮===JACK:  I still see birds quarreling at the feeder.  Some birds never seem to be satisfied.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  Without both wings...you can’t fly!  Our country needs to soar! ===JACK:  We need to soar, butr we won't until we can compromise and wor together.  The only time I saw it was during WW 2.===JUDY:  Do you think that will happen in the near future?===JACK:  Nope!  ...and I wouldn't want it at the expense of WW 3.===JUDY:  Or a Civil War.===JACK:  One of those was enough...and don't forget the issue that started it.  (It' still with us, too.)

FROM BB IN CHGO:  This is just beautiful.  I wish it was front and center of every newspaper headline in the country!===JACK:  At least the words made it to Winning Words.

FROM SK IN SJ:  I agree! Enough battling! Work together to help the American people. A leader takes care of his flock!===JACK:  I am proud to have tr4ied to "tend my flock" without trying to get them to follow a particular political party.  There are good people on both sides.  There were pastors in Germany who spoke out against the abusiveness of Hitler's power.  There are times to speak up and times to shut up.  A good leader knows the difference..   

FROM MD IN BSF:  It's really something. Not just disagreement but also hate, vitriol, abusive language and physical abuse and thats just the politicians. How did we get to this point? Cable news? Colleges? Lack of DC decency? The solution to me is impossible. Like Daniel and King Ebenezer. Keep praying.===JACK:  I was fearful that we were headed toward a dictatorship.  I know that there were people Does not matter who wins if we can be honest and respectful to each other. Platforms not personalities should prevail. I always thought that God cared about everything because everything is to His will.===JACK:  OK, Blame it on God!  He can take it.  Seriously, God chose to limit Himself in the creation of mankind by giving us free-will...a huge responsibility on us.  As a pastor, I*'ve always tried to get "my people" to try and get their will to match God's will.  Are election results something that God cares about? ===MD::  I learned a lot from you and continue to learn. Thanks for the message. ===JACK:  Ours has been a long and fruitful relationship.  I believe that God sent you and your family into my lifew for a reason.

FROM DAIRYLAND DONNA:  .  Wonderful dream. So far apart. How will this ever get fixed? Feel we need to start over.===JACK:  Life hands us certain puzzles that we have to figure out for ourselves.  It happens "politicly", but6 also on a personal level. 

FROM FACEBOOK LIZ:  yes! this concept is at the very heart of libertarian thought.===JACK:  It's a good thought, whatever the political persuasion.

FROM HY YO SILVER:  Wonderful  Funny  Timely===JACK:  You know the political scene first-hand.  Sometimes it's hard to learn to ride a bike, and sometimes it's hard to get politicians to work "across the aisle," but it can be done when you want it to be done.


 

  


No comments: