Monday, October 28, 2019

Jack’s Winning Words 10/28/19
“A life without faith in something is too narrow a space to live.”  (George Woodberry)  Tiny Town in Detroit is a group of 25 tiny houses (250-400 sq ft on 30x100 lots) built for low income people (sr citizens, students, homeless) who can rent to buy.  Methodist pastor Faith Fowler is overseeing the project.  She has the perfect name for what she is doing…Faith!  Surprising things can be done when you have faith.  Do you know of examples where a little faith has led to big accomplishments?    ;-)  Jack


FROM GOOD DEBT JON:  I've read about this project before. Excellent.===JACK: I've seen pictures of those houses.  Size isn't everything.  It remains to be seen how the tiny neighborhood will be cared for.  I'm hopeful.===JON:  Me, too!

FROM WALMART REV:  In my eyes, those early steps of feeling a call to ministry, 4- years systematic studies at a Bible College, early struggles of feeling secure in the adventure and now looking back over 50 years of progression, I must say it has been worth it all! 0;-)===JACK:  As I look back, some of the little steps turned out to be giant steps.  God is good!

FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  wonder how i would do in one of those.   in some ways,  it sounds very appealing...a simpler lifestyle.===JACK:  Perhaps it would be like trying to stuff SOTV into the SLLC building.  One size doesn't always fit all.===SP:  well,  that is for sure===JACK:  A pastor is a pastor, whatever and wherever the call. 

FROM LBP:  I’ve seen that project as I drive up the lodge. Always wondered exactly what was up. Clearly I don’t watch the local Detroit news channels! How awesome. Love it===JACK:  Something to consider in a few years when you and Chris are ready to downsize.===LBP:  there are days when I wonder why I felt we needed as much space as we have. if I hadn't just moved the family, i'd be seriously considering downsizing.===JACK:  I wonder is "early mankind" talked about getting a bigger cave?===LBP:  depends on what the cave was used for I suppose===JACK:  I wonder, if in those days, there was such a thing as "cave envy?"  My cave is bigger and better and in a more exclusive area than yours!"===LBP:  Why not? There were certainly more advantageous areas than others. Goodness, even Cain and Abel had jealousy issues... and the 10 commandments specifically states "do not covet"===JACK:  You paid attention in Confirmation classes, didn't you?===LBP:  Tried to. Have had to teach those two stories a few times since then as well. : )

FROM NORM'S BLOG:  Out of faith grows the hope for a better life. Out of faith comes the courage to try. And, it is faith that give us the strength to try again in the face of failures. Faith embraces the idea that there is something working in our lives that is bigger than us and stronger than us. Faith requires that we
accept something that we cannot see or touch, yet it touches us in every aspect of our lives and “sees” everything that we do. Faith requires that we believe, rather than understand; that we accept what happens, rather than futilely fighting; that we trust, rather than demand; and, that we openly accept God in our lives, rather than stubbornly rejecting His help.===JACK:  I remember this acrostic: F-A-I-T-H:  Forsaking   All   I   Take   Him 

FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  Just raising a family takes a lot of faith which is very rewarding!===JACK:  It always takes faith to bring a child into the world...at whatever time.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  I can’t imagine not having the Grace of God in my life.  Or His Mercy and Love!===JACK:  His promise..."I will never leave you nor forsake you."










No comments: