Wednesday, October 02, 2019

Jack’s Winning Words 10/2/19
“Nothing’s better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you and your friend beside you.”  (Aaron Douglas Trimble)  Today…let’s play, “Nothing’s better than…For me, “Nothing’s better than playing catch with my son on the Field of Dreams.”  I’m sure that in your life, you can add some more…like  “Nothing’s better than having the doctor say, ‘All the tests are negative; come back in a year!’”  Any others?  “Worse thans” can wait til later.   ;-)  Jack  


FROM WALMART REV:  “...living assuredly that the best is yet to come!” That is of course next to going to bed at night knowing I’m going to hear from Pastor Jack Freed early the next morning!!” 0;-)===JACK:  Blessed Assurance...Your song for the day!

FROM DR J:  Nothing better than catching up with my Albion friends!===JACK:  Have you had a chance to visit Mel Volgamore's grave in New London, NH?

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  Nothing’s better than having a family meal together!===JACK:  Let's see...  What year was that?  Kidding aside, for me it's usually for birthdays and Thanksgiving-time. ===JUDY:  It’s quite a bit in our family, for sure Sundays and every other weekend.===JACK:  At the same place?  Or are the dinners spread around?===JUDY:  It’s usually at our house because it’s the biggest house and it between Andy’s and Kimberly’s house.  I grew up in a household of 7 so I always cook big meals.  I purposely make extra food so I can give it as leftovers to whoever needs it.  We have a big dining room to hold everyone and our house is very family friendly.    We do have dinners with Kimberly and family and even Andy’s sometimes.  There’s nothing better than laughing and talking and eating with the family and friends!     I hope you also get together with your friends and family!===JACK:  Yum Yum

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  Nothing's better than enjoying decent enough health  at (almost) 90, to love and interact with wonderful family, friends, and church family, and be able to still be an
active and productive person. ("For my age"! HA!) Posting "Just a Little Talk With Jesus" on your blog yesterday, was great...our men's quartette still sings that, and it's a universal favorite!! :-) ===JACK:  I first heard "Little Talk" on the Old Fashioned Revival Hour sung by their quartet.  That radion program was led by Charles Fuller who started the Fuller Seminary in California.  A friend greeted me yesterday by saying, "Still truckin' along, are you!"  Do you recall that saying? ===OAKS:  Oh, yeah..."Keep on Truckin'....L-)===JACK:  I've got that coming up as a Winning Words one of these days.  You should hand a sign...Keep on Truckin'" on the back of your golf cart.

FROM PRAL IN IL:  And a little jingle of change in your pocket.===JACK:  I like that sound, Jingle, Jingle. 

No comments: