Friday, October 11, 2019

Jack’s Winning Words 10/11/19
“Lettin’ the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier’n puttin’ it back.”  (Will Rogers)  I just noticed that this is the 2nd Rogers’ quote used this week.  I must like him.  I like his wry smile and use of “real” language, words understood by common people.  His political humor is relevant today in Washington, as it was in his day.  I like the sound of saying his hometown: Oogoglah, OK.  I also like it that Will had an affinity for the poor and minorities.   ;-)  Jack


FROM ESKOELIZ:  I like this one! It's my favorite so far. Light-hearted with a serious underlying message.===JACK:  Did you try to say his hometown?  OO-GOG-LAH  Gog, like in synagog.  Modern spelling is Oologlah.

FROM WALMART REV:  I can still remember seeing him occasionally on the old black and white TV programs in the 50's and actually walked through a museum dedicated to him in Claremore, OK. 0;-)===JACK:  I liked the way he scratched his head as he talked.


No comments: