Tuesday, April 19, 2022

 Jack’s Winning Words  4/19/22

“A public-opinion poll is no substitute for thought.”  (Warren Buffett)  How much “stock” do you place in the polls?  There’s probably a poll indicating that many people look for Buffett’s advice when investing.  Polls can be entertaining (Which ice cream flavor best represents you?)  The question: “Is our country headed in the right direction?”  caters to the crankiness in people.  Not that all polling is bad – It’s like taking someone’s temperature.  Imagine if Moses took a poll and showed the results to God before the Commandments were etched.  Would there have been a different TEN?  As one of my school teachers said: “Use your brain!”  ;-)  Jack

FROM SHELBY JER:  Just wanted to let you know you inspire me.  You are such a Blessing.===JACK:  It's been a while.  Thanks for the response...and, of course, I remember you.

FROM W2ILLMAR REV:  A random thought with your interesting post this morning—I gave up trying to live up to "the Ten", in my thoughts and deeds, settling on, "loving the One and only God with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength, and as well, loving my neighbor as myself.” This keeps me occupied and reminded of often. I know I can’t right now without studying them, but it's interesting asking someone if they can repeat “The Ten” in order as written. I saw a telecast once where they randomly offered $$$ to anyone that could, and no one could that day. 0;-) ===JACK:  I suppose you've noticed that the Lutherans have the TEN in a different order.  Does that mean that Luther got a special message from God?  ===REV:  I actually have not…just would disqualify him from the $$$ that day! 0;-) ===JACK:  Do different translations of the Bible bother you?  I think that you've indicated that you use the King James Translation===REV:  .Those following any of my posted devotionals find me all over the place with translations…I really enjoy the Amplified Bible and have for a number of years…Bible college was the NASB and the NIV has been popular…I quote often from the NLV and ESV….as I said, all over the place. 0;-)===JACK:  On Easter a stranger, a young man came up to Joan and said, "I am the voice of Christ.  I'd like to have some money for food.  When she did not give him money, he said, So, you're going to refuse to give money to Jesus ... and he went over to someone else.  Joan noticed that he went up to take communion.  Do you think that he was Jesus in disguise?

FROM CPA MD:  Yeah Mr. Buffet made a fortune for him and his investors  by being a contrarian but he never put money into a stone cold loser.===JACK:  I may have told you that a pastor-friend of mine was a childhood friend of Warren's.  They had sleepovers growing up together.  My friend was "in" on Buffet's investments, and after annual meetings they'd go out and have supper together.  Money was never a problem for my friend.

   

 


No comments: