Monday, April 04, 2022

 

*Jack’s Winning Words 4/4/22
“The peace sign is with two fingers, not one.”  (Meg Cabot)  On this day (1958) the traditional peace sign (Semaphore N superimposed on Semaphore D was accepted as the sign, standing for Nuclear DisarmamentTwo fingers raised has become the modern sign for peace.  During the pandemic, many in-church worshippers are using it as a greeting during the “passing of the peace.”  I like that.  More common these days is the one-finger salute which often causes an escalation of conflict.  I don’t like that.  Look!  I’m giving you the two-finger salute.  ;-)  Jack  

FROM JJ IN SJ:  . It’s a good day to pray for peace.  And signal to the world.  A good sign is the Sandhill crane couple back in St Joe flying over your and Joan’s pond.===JACK:  Those cranes are graceful birds, especially in flight.  Have you ever seen Whoopers?  I don’t know that the Ukranian fighter are giving the Russians the peace sign.


FROM FACEBOOK LIZ:  no more passing of the peace... thank you, scamdemic!===JACK:  In church yesterday most members were holding up 2 fingers during the passing of the peace.  In Ukraine I don't think they've gotten beyond 1 finger.


FROM EDUCATOR PAUL:  Excellent!!’😂😂😂😂===JACK:  My grade school report card used letters...E, VG, G, P.  I always liked it when I got Es, for Excellent.  It was not a happy household when the card showed a P in Deportment.


No comments: