Monday, April 25, 2022

 Jack’s Winning Words  4/25/22

“Nothing ever goes away.”  (Barry Commoner)  Buddhist  Pema Chodron adds: “…until it teaches us what we need to know.”  Minor political parties have little chance in a Presidential election.  In 2020, the DEMs got 51+% and the GOPs, 46+%); The Libertarian vote was1.2%, and the Green was 1/4%.  Those minor parties simply made a statement.  In 1980, scientist Barry Commoner, running on an environmental platform, got only  ¼ of 1% of the vote.   He was against nuclear testing and urged the development of organic farming.  Barry’s worst nightmare was probably World War 3.  Would you vote for a minor party?     ;-)  Jack

FROM WILLMAR REV:  I am known for doing that very thing . . . being part of and voting along with a minority party for Jesus, the risen Christ: "Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew Him not" (1 John 3:1) KJV).  0;-) ===JACK:  Does Jesus care about the election in America as much as He cares about what's going on in other parts of the world?  Would be side with the Jews or the Palestinians?  the Russians or the Ukranians?  Would He be a GOP or a DEM?===REV:  God is found showing an unexpected indifference and concession to people’s desires away from His leadership and their disingenuous activity which can leave us in a world filled with sin (missing God's mark for Godly inspired leadership) and this paradigm of Him turning people, leadership groups, and even nations over to their own demise . . . I would suggest the question be better stated as, "Do our elections in America care about what God is thinking regarding their agendas (both GOP and DEM, the Jews and the Palestinians, Russians and Ukrainians, and other parts of the world" (Romans 1:18-23; Psalm 89, ESV)? I haven't heard from any of them in this regard lately?! 0;-/ ===JACK:  While people in biblical days believed in a flat Earth, God, in His wisdom knew that the Earth was round.  .....Just wondering...  Do you suppose He cared for the "unknows" of Earth as He cared for the Jews and the Christians?===REV:  By flat-Earth people, not moved by “human initiative, but prophets moved by the Holy Spirit, and they spoke from [an all-knowing]  God.” (2 Peter 1:21 NLT). Very true though, it is we who know in part and look through a glass darkly, and with many voices [often Pentecostal in my circle] yelling loudly, "Thus saith the Lord!" Looking forward to hearing and knowing no longer in part?! 0;-)===JACK:  I try my best, but I can't seem to shake you.

 


FROM CPA MD:    I would consider an independent especially if they had an America First agenda like Trump. No environmentalists as of now. We all want to protect our earth. Not a matter of what but how. My fear is that environmental blindness could lead us to suffering and hardship and further dependency on China.===JACK:  There was an AMERICA FIRST party that wanted to keep the USA out of WW 2.  How would you have responded to the Pearl Harbor attack?  As I read you, we are FIRST, citizens of America, while others would see us first as occupants of the planet?===MD:  Very simply if it benefits the interests of the majority of Americans we proceed. If not, we don't. Don't buy into planet occupancy guilt.. much to our detriment and perhaps to those who have had their hands in our pockets. I would have gone after the Japanese and interceded in the Holocaust.===JACK:  If I'm not to "buy into" the planet-guilt, it follows that I shouldn't buy into the "God-guilt" also.  I think America First is a selfish attitude, much like, "Am I my brother's keeper?"===MD:  Not the way that I see it. The U.S is and has been the most compassionate and generous country on earth and protector. I like and support that.  W.H.O, N.A.T.O, U.N. and Paris Climate Accord have taken Hugh advantage of our country, taking our money and support while not putting up their fair share and continuously saying bad things about our country. Trump was trying to eliminate the shenanigans asking them to pony up to the bar and get with the programs. That's what a U.S president does.===JACK: You are speaking in generalities, and as for Trump, or others like him, an "amoral" person (notice that I could follow..===MD:   Generalities should be sufficient. Everyone is capable of doing their own research and forming their own conclusions   I think that I get your point on Mr Trump... amoral, amoral, amoral. Republicans are thankful that Trump Derangement Syndrome has driven the democrats to lunacy. Old, tired, senile,clueless and very crooked Joe is an embarrassment.  The VP. Unfortunately is worse. Once again, I think that we see eye to eye on the issues. We just disagree on who is most qualified to solve problems. Character attacks from me or you will not change that.===JACK:  I guess we'll have to let it go at that.  I'm just surprised someone as smart as you can't see behind the mask.

FROM GUSTIE:  Just move and find out just how much disappears!  Uff Da!  ===JACK:  One reason we've stayed in our house as long as we have....What arewe going to do with all of the STUFF?===G:  I have been working on my kitchen ALL DAY.  I have the Tupperware left to do.  The movers put it way up high and I can’t do that.  I just hit the wall though so I have to wait till tomorrow.  I have to get on my step stool and sure don’t want to fall off. The kids and I still have go deal with all the STUFF left in the house, garage, and basement.  Uff Da! ===JACK:  Are they "fighting" over who gets what?  My kids have put their name on the things that are special to them.  So far, no squabbles.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  i WOULD, IF I SHARED THEIR BELIEFS. ===JACK:  ...even if you knew that the party wouldn't win?

No comments: