Wednesday, April 27, 2022

 Jack’s Winning Words  4/27/22

“Nothing is impossible.  The word itself says, ‘I’m possible!’”  (Audrey Hepburn)  Audrey Hepburn was more than just a pretty face   She had an incredible mind, spoke 5 different languages and spied on the Nazis during WW 2.  Her movies were good, too.  What I didn’t realize was that she was a possibility thinker.  Many people are too quick to give up when they come face to face with a problem.  “There is a solution!  I’m going to find it.  As child, in Sunday School, I learned the song: “All things are possible, only believe!”  You may not have a face like Audrey’s, but you can say with her, “Nothing’s impossible!”  ;-)  Jack   

FROM OPTI-ART:  Good morning, Jack.  Thanks for sharing.  Have a good day ===JACK:  .I pass by your street almost daily and wonder how you're doing.  I hope to see you on the Optimist Zoom one of these days.

FROM WILLMAR REV:  You know me and my choruses-- 0;-) Nothing is impossible when you put your trust in God,  Nothing is impossible when you’re trusting in His Word;  Hearken to the voice of God to thee,  “Is there anything too hard to me?”  Then put your trust in God alone and rest upon His Word,  For ev’rything, O ev’rything!  Yes ev’rything is possible with God!===JACK:  That one wasn't in our Sunday School songbook.  Hum a few bars.

FROM GUSTIE:  Thanks Jack.  This move has me all discombobulated!  Ha! ===JACK:  How much STUFF do we really need?  It's better than you (rather than your heirs) can sort through things and save the "precious" items.  

FROM RS IN TEXAS:  Speaking of possible....here's a video of an ice dancer....who is blind! ===JACK:  Speaking of IM-possible...me tryuing to ice dance...and I can see.

FROM SHALOM JAN:  Loved this!  She was one of my faves!===JACK:  Of her own personal faith, Audrey said:  [I have] enormous faith, but it's not attached to any one particular religion…. My mother was one thing, my father another. In Holland they were all Calvinists. That has no importance at all to me.===JAN:  I am using Praying With Jesus by Eugene H. Peterson for my morning devotions.  His scripture for today is Matthew 12:9-14, the healing of the man with the withered hand and the Pharisees, in push-back, conspiring how to "destroy him".  Peterson does a short commentary, usually ending with a question for readers to ponder and answer within ourselves, and then a short prayer; and I thought you might appreciate his comments and prayer today.     Jonathan Swift once remarked,"Most of us have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love."  Here is an instance of it, people hating Jesus.  The list of crimes planned and committed on behalf of the deity stretches into a long list.       Why were they plotting?  Did they hate Jesus?"  Prayer:  Like so many others, God, I want your stamp of approval on what I find comfortable, not a life of repentance and risky faith.  Keep watch over my heart today.  Qwickly expose any scheming that masks itself as "religious concern," but has as its actual purpose the murderous removal of the Redeemer.  Amen     I wish I could tattoo Swift's comment onto the faces of so many people who use their so-called "Christian faith" as a means of hatred of those who differ from them in any way, so they couldn't avoid seeing that quote every time they look in the mirror!     Keep up the great work of stimulating my thoughts and prayers day by day, Jack!  God's richest blessings! ===JACK:  Eugene is one of my favorites.  I used to know several people named, Eugene, but that name seems to have gone out of favor.  Watch out with that tattoo needle.  Somebody might steal it from you and start poking your skin.  BTW, do you have any tats?

FROM  ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  i like it, Jack!   this one is actually quite memorable ===JACK:  One of the sermons I heard you preach was actually quite memorable.

 

 

No comments: